Help identifying bayonet by handle

gunner

Odd request but can anyone help me identify what type of bayonet or other military edge weapon this would of been?

Backstory: my grandfather kept his bayonet on the mantle while my mom and aunts

were growing up. He was in the army from 51-58.

Ive never seen it but always wanted to know what kind it was. Ive shown everyone in my family pictures of every US bayonet imaginable and no one has been consistent or even sure when picking out the ONE from the lineup. I recently found this old photo of what looks very suspiciously like a bayonet handle peaking out from behind a frame on the mantle.

I have a pretty good guess what it is but Id like to hear everyones opinion. Im not a big bayonet guy.

post-3483-0-77398800-1580959464.jpeg

post-3483-0-57212000-1580959477.jpeg

I copied the picture and tried to enlarge it, but with little success. If it is a bayonet, and not a military knife, like an RH36, I would say the exposed handle looks very much like an M1 bayonet.

Marv

My first thought because of the handle was a M1 bayonet. I don't think its a navy MKI -although I agree similar, but I think the higher angle it is sitting at is because of the M1's larger crossguard.

Everyone always told me it was a bayonet. My first immediate thought when I found this picture was M1. I ran into my basement and pulled out my 1942 m1 and thought this has to be it but I wasn’t sure if there were other knives or bayonets with similar looks.

Here are two more pictures. It’s super hard to make an old grainy picture look better than it is but maybe these are better lighting for you guys.

I appreciate the help!

Im not sure why the sight is flipping the orientation but it keeps doing it. Sorry.

I was thinking with the angle of the handle it would be the shorter garand bayonet length but its best guess.

This is 2x zoom

post-3483-0-71595600-1580999319_thumb.jpeg

Im not sure why the sight is flipping the orientation but it keeps doing it. Sorry.

I was thinking with the angle of the handle it would be the shorter garand bayonet length but its best guess.

This is 2x zoom

Yup. Looks like a bayonet for an M1 Garrand.

post-181333-0-36834900-1581006730_thumb.jpg