oddmod

NOS Modified M43 pants (para or field?) with cutter tags

It's been years since I have posted anything in this section. Just goes to show how far out of the collecting loop I have gotten myself.

I took some things to an antique dealer earlier today, and while he was ripping me off, sorry, while he was evaluating the things I brought in, I had a look around his back room. These where tucked away on a rack of clothing. He didn't know much about them, so I asked him if I could take them and see if I could get them ID.

I know that they are M-43 pants, and I know that they have been modified with pockets and belt loops in the crotch (?).

The pockets have tie downs and snaps. They also have sliding waist cinches. They still have the cutter tags, and they are big 46x32.

Does anyone know what exactly they are WW2 or KW?

Thanks,

JC

post-5673-0-34371900-1580949575_thumb.jpg

donation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Modified to M51 specs....KW era.

Most of these you see are mint condition and huge sizes.

Hayes use to advertise them as "rigger" made para trousers but they are just modified to M51style.

Recall Woohaven Surplus offered these years ago as well in thier catalogs.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I have a few pair of these as well, in the same huge size. I posted them on the Forum a number of years ago (I'll try and see if the link still exists) and there were varying thoughts/opinions as to what exactly they were. These seemed to have surfaced about 8-10 years ago at Army/Navy surplus stores and all were un-worn with cutter tags and in the same huge size. Some thought conversion of WW2 trouser to M1951 style and some thought maybe airborne. I personally couldn't image an airborne trooper with a waist size of 46 but maybe I'm wrong! Maybe perfect for the "modern" reenactor.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Ok, thanks, I think that about puts that to rest then.

Interesting that there are a bunch of these in size 46 out there. I guess just sort of goes to show that there isn't much new under the sun, that hasn't already been seen.

Thanks guys.

donation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

These are arctic/ cold weather over trousers, also referred to as "shells." They are huge because they are supposed to be worn with a button in liner and worn over the soldier's regular combat uniform. They have nothing to do with airborne and were modified after the Korean war. The pocket pattern actually looks like VN period jungle trousers.

When I was a company commander, we had probably a hundred pair of these still in bundles. They were never taken out of our "go to war stocks." They were going to be issued if the "Fulda Gap" erupted starting WWIII.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Modified to M51 specs....KW  era.

Most of these you see are mint condition and huge sizes.

Hayes use to advertise them as "rigger" made para trousers but they are just modified to M51style.

Recall Woohaven Surplus offered these years ago as well in thier catalogs.

Yup, woodhaven was in my old neighborhood, and I remember lots of theses in stacks. I also remember tanker jackets In a bin. Lots of them. One even had a stenciled td patch on the back. huge stencil. Good ole days

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Every pair I gave ever seen was these same sizes

I always wanted a pair to fit

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif