Where can I buy a good enough/costume-quality WWII Navy or Army officer's uniform?

BigBrother

Hey all! I know in the world of militaria some extreme attention can be paid to detail and authenticity. I've certainly dabbled in similar fields where accuracy was key.
This is NOT one of those searches :). For an upcoming dance, I really wanted to go WWII aviator, be it Army Air Corps or Navy. I really, really wish someone made a costume that wasn't pure garbage so I could be in and out for $100 or less, excepting the jacket.
Something like this would be perfect:
if it weren't for the piss-poor reviews. (Note that after a year or two of collecting authentic enlisted sailor crackerjacks, in a pinch I had to buy this costume version:
and I swear it was so good I ended up wearing it for most events. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find something equivalent for the Army officer's uniform.)
Any thoughts? Buying it piecemeal from militaria sites will run me at minimum $250 and that's just way beyond what I can afford, not to mention above the authenticity threshold I'd need for this event.
Thanks so much for your help all, and I hope you don't mind me asking such a "low grade" question of you!
Best.

You can buy a US Navy officer blue service uniform: the ones they wear today are similar to what they wore in WWII: Pin a set of gold wings on it and you're good to go. You do want one with the stars on the sleeve cuffs, but other than that just worry about size. The coats are easier to find than the trousers. If you're going to wear it for an indoor party you don't need a hat.

Here's an example of one such coat listed on ebay:

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 1.23.10 PM.png

Apologies, I thought one of the options the naval officers wore was very similar, if not identical, to the Army Summer service uniform, which was the look I was after. I suppose it's just Army then (?)

I sent you a PM (private message)..

I know of a person who has a Khaki Navy uniform he wants to move... Coat and Pants

Leigh

I sent you a PM (private message)..

I know of a person who has a Khaki Navy uniform he wants to move... Coat and Pants

Leigh

A clean one of those can be hard to find.

A clean one of those can be hard to find.

Bob,

Yes I agree,, I have seen photos of the set in question and it looks to have hung in a closet for many years untouched.. It is a very nice clean example..

Leigh

It all depends on what size you need. If 36 or 38, you can find what you need cheap. If in the 40's, MUCH more expensive.

Yeah I'm a 38 on the nose (or more like on the chest. Har har!) Waist 29 or 30, inseam 32.