Leather Patched A-2 Jacket of B-24 gunner

DaddyDog

I saw this jacket on an auction site and just wanted to preserve and share the photos. They show an A-2 jacket from the 485th Bomb Group, 828th Squadron apparently from a B-24 aircraft named "LIFE". I apologize for the poor quality photos pulled from the auction site. More photos coming...

post-6880-0-40364000-1580875442.jpg

post-6880-0-34330200-1580875460_thumb.jpg

post-6880-0-47948700-1580875478_thumb.jpg

That is a great look A-2. I those patches are an eye catcher.

It looks like he stayed in after the war with those USAF stripes on those fatigues.

Semper Fi

Phil

Austin_Militaria

Saw this too. The jacket has been re-dyed. You can see they brown dye around the edges of the patches as well as some dribbled across the name tag. It is still going to sell for far more then it is worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Jacket is cleaning up nicely and is an honest size 40. No knit wear to speak of, working original zipper, good leather and if it was re-dyed, probably period done by the original owner and not to enhance the sale. The grand-daughter is super nice and excited to share her grandfather's history (who sounds like a REALLY nice guy) with a long history in the military after WWII. And, he and my father-in-law were in the same squadron. Worth every penny I paid. I will post some pictures when all the dust settles.

Best,

Peter

Congrats on the purchase Peter. I think you did just fine. Retail value is a little higher than what you paid in my opinion. Looking forward to some better photos and to see what else the family sends your way.

JD

• 3 weeks later...
River Patrol

Really great A2!! I love that bomb patch on the right chest!!