Are glass top riker cases safe?

avigo

I find myself accumulation more medals and smalls recently. I've never loved those glass top riker cases, but they seem like they may be the easiest way to display and store these smalls.

With the glass pressing up against objects, will these cause damage to collectibles?

Also, the fill in these boxes is polyester. Is that harmful? Just doesn't seem archival.

I have one of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R4EW5DA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for any info!

I store most of my patch collection in them some medal groupings, unless your travling with them bouncing down the road, I have never had a problem with anything, being hurt or damaged. I personally like them as they keep things clean and origanized. example..

post-87654-0-50788500-1580863829.jpg

There are already a bunch of topics on this, if you search for them. Summary as I best remember, is that curators on here were generally favorable - recommending putting a neutral muslin over the polyfill if you are concerned. I personally think they are fine.

BILL THE PATCH

I get these from hobby lobby, with the daily discount coupon it costs about 13.00 and change. They have glass tops and I've already broken two tops. I just replaced it with Plexi glass. First one picture is glass they are a little nicer then the black ticket cases. The third pictureis one that I fixed with Plexi, really can't tell the difference. And it's a little safer. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I have seen some clouding to the inner glass on some of the rikers I have had for several years.Thinking the poly fil material off gases over time.I can see out likes of the insignias on the glass where the patch touches.

That might be the contents themselves breaking down and off-gassing.

I have never seen an empty riker do that.

I have seen some clouding to the inner glass on some of the rikers I have had for several years.Thinking the poly fil material off gases over time.I can see out likes of the insignias on the glass where the patch touches.