Exploring a Lesser Known Battlefield: Ft. Donelson

james127

I had a chance recently to go to a Civil War battlefield that I really enjoyed. I would consider Ft. Donelson to be one of the lesser known battlefields, but it played a pivotal role in the western theater of the Civil War. The battlefield is really well preserved too and doesn't have near the commercialization as many of the others. Lots of unique things there that I show in the video. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNl0p9IxIA

Great video. Earthworks look to be remarkable well preserved. Thanks for putting together and posting this video..

Thanks! Appreciate that. The earthworks made for the most interesting part for me. Kind of different from what you would expect a "fort" to look like.

easterneagle87

I made the trip out to the fort when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, Not much chance of a Western'r seeing Civil War battlefields unless a trip was planned to do so. So while I was there I took advantage of seeing as much of that period history as possible. It was a good day.

I made the trip out to the fort when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, Not much chance of a Western'r seeing Civil War battlefields unless a trip was planned to do so. So while I was there I took advantage of seeing as much of that period history as possible. It was a good day.

I was really impressed by it. I pretty much had the place to myself the day that I was there too.