Sign in to follow this  
easterneagle87

Need soldier unit ID'd

Antique store find. I thought the patch was felt 7th INF DIV. Now I'm not sure. The shooting badge, looks like a manuvers badge. Can you ID the DUI's?

imprint on the cardboard frame, N. Giannins, San Leandro (CA). That woiuld put it north of Ft. Ord, the home of 7th.

I think it's a pre-war shot.

post-9131-0-22803100-1580797197_thumb.jpg

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

17th Infantry Regiment. Assigned to the 7th Division from March 1923 to August 1927.

Yes, this is probably from the late 20's when the 17th Infantry Regiment was stationed at Fort Crook, Nebraska .. In August of 1927 the 7th Division was deactivated and reactivated as the 6th Division, then in October of 1933 they were reactivated again as the 7th Infantry Division. Quite possible that the photo is from shortly after they were reactivated as the 7th ID in 1933 .. If you're interested, I have a blog with some of my 17th Infantry / Fort Crook collection. https://17thftcrook.blogspot.com/

PS .. I would love to get a higher resolution copy to try and see what company this gentleman was with.

Antique store find. I thought the patch was felt 7th INF DIV. Now I'm not sure. The shooting badge, looks like a maneuvers badge. Can you ID the DUI's?

imprint on the cardboard frame, N. Giannins, San Leandro (CA). That would put it north of Ft. Ord, the home of 7th.

I think it's a pre-war shot.

Donald E. Shook Jr.

B Company, 4th Battalion, 17th Infantry - Ft Ord, CA 1984-1988

Distinguished Member of the 17th Infantry Regiment

National Infantry Association Order of Saint Maurice

deshook@7thinfantry.com

Embroided Patches For Sale - Embroidered Patches

sig02.jpg

I'm interested in anything to do with the 17th Infantry Regiment, and or the 7th Infantry Division and would be interested in buying, trading, or just talking about any items related to these units!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Here's Co B of the 17th Inf 6th Div at Crook 1931.

post-1963-1313076369.jpg