A-2 Unknown Squadron Patches - Help Needed

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

I'm looking at a painted A-2, but I can't make heads or toes of the patches. This one is painted on the right side and appears to almost be the 334th FS, but the design is off with a different background and a weird eagle in the background. Additionally, the patch on the other side is similar to the 351st BS, but the background on the jacket is round as opposed to that units shield shape design. Additionally, the patch on the jacket doesn't have the bombs that the standard 351st BS patch has.

So my question is am I missing something? Are these for another unit? If they are correct why is one fighter and one bomber? Thoughts?

Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-56541100-1580682538.jpg

It appears to be a 4th Fighter Group Eagle over an Eagle Squadron sleeve insignia. 334th FS was part of the 4th FG. Perhaps jacket relates to a former ES member later in the 334th. Any name showing up? Bobgee

I tend to agree with BobGee.

When first activated in England theunit consisted of a large number of former Eagle Squadron

members who adopted the attached emblem while stationed at Debden A/F.

Your jacket seems be display a variation of the original Disney design for this unit.

post-6249-0-75519300-1580747887.jpg