Ike Jacket 745th Tank Battalion

Hi,

This Ike Jacket appears to have belonged to Corporal George T. Hougas. Hougas served during WWII with the 745th Tank Battalion. The Ike jacket is named inside.

Is this Ike Jacket in your opinion original?

Thanks,

Marcel

post-158821-0-49671700-1580584750_thumb.jpeg

According to both articles of The Times, Hougas landed in France on June 18, 1944.

Is it therefore correct he was awarded the bronze arrow head, as he was wearing on his Ike Jacket?

I would say no as you are only entitled to it from 06Jun-07Jun44

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Not necessarily a deal breaker. I have a man's uniform that I am 100% sure landed in North Africa and he didn't get an arrowhead, and my 29th guy that landed on June 7 and was under fire as they marched down beach should have had one and didn't. I think there's a lot of mistakes made in this area, and even more when you look at things like the Distinguished Unit Citation, if only part of your division was entitled to it. Boils down to "That dude over there has/hasn't got one on his ribbons, I'll do what he is doing" I think.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

The DIs appear to be GM, painted, and SB. The 745th is one of those separate tank bns that did not have a lot of patches with “745” added to them. Everything else looks correct. This does not appear to be a put-together.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP