Parachute Pack Survival Kit

wleoff

This is a Parachute Pack Survival Kit made in 4/90. It contains a Colonial pocket knife, a condom, compass, matches, fishing and other stuff. Who carried these?

SurKit901.jpg

SurKit902.jpg

the kit is a SRU-16P minimum survival kit..it's a very very basic kit...it is contained in a small snap pocket of a U.S. Airforce aircrew type parachute,and you normally can't get to it unless the parachute has been deployed...it was first issued in 1962 and the contents of the kit have changed over the years..for one the early kits had iodine tabs and bandaids ,later issues of the kit did not have these items...if you are an aircrew member and are using the SRU-16P that means you are in deep doo-doo as you have either lost or don't have your vest or your seatkit..really anybody who had access to a Airforce survival tech. and get hold of the kit could of course use it....i have two and use the componets to make P.S.K's for me...vince g. 11b inf...

the kit is a SRU-16P minimum survival kit..it's a very very basic kit...it is contained in a small snap pocket of a U.S. Airforce aircrew type parachute,and you normally can't get to it unless the parachute has been deployed...it was first issued in 1962 and the contents of the kit have changed over the years..for one the early kits had iodine tabs and bandaids ,later issues of the kit did not have these items...if you are an aircrew member and are using the SRU-16P that means you are in deep doo-doo as you have either lost or don't have your vest or your seatkit..really anybody who had access to a Airforce survival tech. and get hold of the kit could of course use it....i have two and use the componets to make P.S.K's for me...vince g. 11b inf...

Nice post. Very interesting - thanks!