large price for an early USMC Quartermaster Sgt. Chevron

themick

This single chevron recently sold on ebay for $325. Is this realistic? The seller also had several other branch chevrons, most of which sold for high prices. Ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-USMC-Quartermaster-Rank-/352936518837?nma=true&si=qT8BaXNW9Pa1Czzi6tbD5ATczXY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Picture: s-l500.jpg

Leatherneck72

These took a hit along with most things a few years back when many of the large collections got liquidated. I have noticed an uptick as of late as more chevron and patch collectors are switching over to USMC.

I figured you would have been bidding on those. Some very nice, very hard to find chevrons in my opinion.

Another thing I think was going on there was that the seller had about 10 or so of those very rare chevrons that ended over the course of a half an hour or so. For the first couple, I bid "reasonable" prices and didn't win, so I raised my later bids, in the hopes of taking at least one of them home.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Jason, look me up on FB... I have most of my collection posted up there these days (more control over my content vs here)

Erik

Very interesting. I actually have a set of these (2) which were given to my dad when he was a Quartermaster sgt. By the time my dad was a QM sgt, (WWII), these weren't being worn any longer, but an old hand QM Sgt gave them to my Dad, who kept them. Nice to hear of the price. Since my Dad never wore them, I think I'm going to sell them. All I need to do is find them. There is some slight moth damage on them, but otherwise, they are exactly like the one pictured.

Steve