Korean War first aid pack contents?

DimensionPizza

DimensionPizza

Hi all, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this but I don't know where else to put it.

Tomorrow I'll be purchasing the final pieces to recreate my grandpa's Korean War MP uniform- a Sam Browne belt, a leather .45 mag pouch, and a first aid pouch to match. I'm interested in packing the first aid pouch with accurate supplies, and sadly the searching I've done online so far has come up dry. Does anyone here know what all this would include? I'm not sure if an MP in Germany's pack would be any different from an infantryman's in South Korea, but any information on the topic would be much appreciated.

The leather bandage pouch on a Sam Browne rig would hold the appropriate bandage of the time period. In the early 50's it would still be the standard metal cased WW2 Carlisle bandage.

They're readily available from most militaria dealers, reenacting gear dealers, ebay, etc. Any of the different types would be correct, as you'll find them in orange paint, gloss green paint, flat od paint. Contents of the tin can vary. Any of them should be in the $10 range.