• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My small normandy airborne collection...

Hello,

this helmet was recovered at St-Jean-de-Daye, a small village between Carentan and St-Lo. The soldier camouflaged the shell over the net, and also painted the inside of the liner. Never touched since 1944. There are a letter and the last four digit number of his ASN written inside the shell. Unfortunately, the net is gone.

This is a first type of third pattern liner, manufactured by Westinghouse mi-1942, with fixed leather strap (missing).

img-0120_imagesia-com_5ddx_large.JPG

img-0121_imagesia-com_5ddy_large.JPG

img-0122_imagesia-com_5de0_large.JPG

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This liner was found in the Sens area where the 101st was stationned in 1945. The club of the 327th Glider Infantry was painted twice, a smaller one can be seen under the green paint (on the stud). Unfortunately, the liner is empty, no name, no ASN.

img-0127_imagesia-com_5de4_large.JPG

img-0128_imagesia-com_5de6_large.JPG

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

A black camo M1 helmet found by myself in a farm, but many years ago !!

img-0129_imagesia-com_5fzg_large.JPG

img-0130_imagesia-com_5fzh_large.JPG

img-0131_imagesia-com_5fzi_large.JPG

Airborne helmet ? Why not, but not sure...... Who knows. By the way, I like it.

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

To all,

Recently purchased this rare "Jack of Diamonds" helmet !! This helmet was recovered a few months ago in St-Sauveur-le-Vicomte area. This is once again a real D-ring, with insignia of the 1/505, 82nd airborne. Strangely, all insignia were painted in black, as the lieutenant rank and the following officer bar at rear. Apparently, this helmet was firstly camouflaged with large yellow bands, and then these bands were covered in black !! There are only three initials inside which are : ? - R - W. So, if someone can help me to identify this officer, any help would be much appreciated....

pb113690_imagesia-com_5i44_large.JPG

pb113691_imagesia-com_5i45_large.JPG

pb113692_imagesia-com_5i47_large.JPG

pb113694_imagesia-com_5i4c_large.JPG

pb113695_imagesia-com_5i46_large.JPG

pb113696_imagesia-com_5i48_large.JPG

pb113698_imagesia-com_5i4d_large.JPG

pb113699_imagesia-com_5i4a_large.JPG

pb113700_imagesia-com_5i4e_large.JPG

Hope you will enjoy,

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Hi guys,

thanks for your comments.

This helmet was found with other items (rope, cricket, and reserve chute) in late 90's at Foucarville. Unfortunatly, the guy who found the lot only wanted, at that time, to part with the pot, so I only purchased the helmet in 2000 which was, as you would see, repainted in white by the Norman farmer. A friend of mine cleaned it, and thank to the ASN written inside, I identified the owner, Cpl. Luther D. Mcalister, 1HQ/502.

Then, I don't know why, but I sold this helmet, to a friend of mine, who then sold it again to another friend of mine, and this guy (thanks a lot B.) was ok to part with it again !! So, this nice ID D-ring helmet is back home.

Here are a few pictures of it, when it was found, during the cleaning and now !!

Hope you'll enjoy.

Cheers,

Easy502

casque-502-demi-lune-3_imagesia-com_5oq5_large.jpg

mcallister_imagesia-com_5oq9_large.jpg

casque-502-demi-lune-1_imagesia-com_5oq6_large.jpg

casque-502-demi-lune-2_imagesia-com_5oq7_large.jpg

img-0134_imagesia-com_5oqb_large.JPG

img-0135_imagesia-com_5oqc_large.JPG

www.dday-experience.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Emmanuel, Great Up Dates to you Collection there...

Those are Outstanding Finds you have got there i really do like those M2 D-Bail's from the 505th and 502nd

its still amazing the stuff you can still pick up there in Normandy i guess you just need to know where to find it Very Nice ;)

Top Quality stuff there and Thanks For sharing them with us Very Impressive Top Notch Items see you in Normandy in June

Regards

Tomás.

http://www.Paratrooper1944.Com/

https://www.facebook.com/paratrooper1944

IN MEMORY OF IRISH/AMERICANS FROM MY COUNTY.
Cpl: Patrick Gallagher, 3rd U.S.M.C Div K.I.A 30/03/1967 Navy Cross
Sgt: Patrick Nevin, B.Co. 1st Bn, 12th Cav, 1st CAVALRY Div K.I.A 23/02/1966

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

the M1 rifle bayonet of Joseph Jordan, E/506, killed in action in June 1944.

jordan-2-_imagesia-com_59va_large.JPG

jordan-4-_imagesia-com_59vb_large.JPG

jordan-3-_imagesia-com_59vc_large.JPG

jordan_imagesia-com_59vd_large.JPG

Cheers,

Easy502

Hi! Wow thats really an amazing find! I want to PM you about this cos there is a strange personal connection to this for me. Please PM me! I also Collect But more just 16th Infantry and 1st ID Stuff because this is what My Grandfathers unit was wartime. I have been looking at your stuff it is really impressive but I suppose this is the bonus of living where you do I'd love to live in Belgium Near Aachen.

Here is one of my latest. A Mortar Shell from one of my grandfathers most likely it was dug in the area he shelled for weeks heh.

post-136589-0-30844800-1394546325.jpg

Amazing collection and that "Jack o Diamond" shell is killer and that fort Benning shirt is amazing I am sure you and your son will never forget that Christmas.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

• 1 year later...

My recent interest in the 502 in Normandy jerked my memory of this thread, a shame most of the photos are gone. Do you have them posted anywhere else online?

J