My small normandy airborne collection...

Hi,

this impregnated HBT jacket was found by myself at Turqueville with many other items. It was just a nice impregnated HBT jacket. And a few months later, I noted that there was a black club and a dot drawn on one of the upper flap pocket. It is difficult to see it. Once again, this jacket was never touched, never cleaned. Unfortunately, no name, no ASN.

5i9gpag8yq.jpg

ryytpq83d6.jpg

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

this the last 101st reinforced jump jacket I purchased. It was found in a kit bag with a few other items. A partial ASN is stenciled on the breast. Unfortunately, the reinforcements at the elbows were took of.

b0rlmy0wmv.jpg

hn4czz5yf6.jpg

9gl8w0p3d5.jpg

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Any 507th PIR items?

Thanks,
Van
Kosovo, Afghanistan (x2) and Iraq Campaign Veteran
1945 GMC DUKW, 1942 Ford GPW, 1944 Willys MB, 1944 Clark CA-1 Dozer, 1943 Studebaker T-24 Weasel, 1942 Harley WLA, 1944 Cushman 53 Scooter, 1942 Willys MBT, 1944 Columbia F-92L Bicycle, 1943 Huffman G-519 Bicycle, B-29 42-24791 "The Big Time Operator" Nose Section, B-29 Superfortress tails (Two), 1944 Navy SNJ-5B, 1943 Fleet PT-26, 1943 Pratt-Read LNE-1 Cockpit, CG-4A Cockpit (Two), CG-15A Cockpit, 1944 C-47A Cockpit, 1943 C-45F Cockpit, P-61 Nose, 1944 German 7,5cm Pak 40, 1940 German 10,5cm LfH18, 1944 German 2cm Flak 38, 1932 Japanese Type 92 70mm Infantry Gun and 1934 French 25mm Hotchkiss.
http://www.questmasters.us

Any 507th PIR items?

Hi Quest Master,

unfortunately, 507th PIR is not my favorite, so I parted with all 507th items I got, even a reinforced jump trousers found on the battlefield. But, I kept one thing. This is a very emotional DUG UP silver bracelet from Jesse J. Rushing. He was killed on June 11, 1944 and is buried at the American Cemetery in Normandy.

pk2uok1x51.jpg

wx4q6bwoaw.jpg

As far as I remember, this is the ONLY 507th PIR item I still have.

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Hi,

here is my hand cart, found in a farm, original paint, original tires, never touched. I have to clean it, maybe one day....

t85cuba37y.jpg

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Hi,

this is one of my favourite item. This is a Type A-7 ammunition delivery unit wich was found with another one a few years ago in an attic near Sainte-Mère-Eglise. I only know two of this kind of delievery unit which consists of a harness sling, a 24-foot circular cotton canopy and a conventional "pull off" pack assembly (not pictured). Noted the BW marking (377th Field Artillery) on the canopy harness.

I found information about this harness in Basic Field Manual FM 31-30 titled TACTICS AND TECHNIQUE OF AIR-BORNE TROOPS, dated May 20, 1942.

7fqv0kbdgt.jpg

ul9v6oy2dd.jpg

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Hi,

here is one of my latest find. It's not the best in quality, but at least, this is a real one from Normandy battlefield.....

phvaheh8vs.jpg

s5dq4ot87w.jpg

1njg36w4jp.jpg

mmvdbw69xy.jpg

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Hi,

very nice helmet Mano, the heart looks like 1/502nd stenciled one we have ever seen on other examples. Great find my friend!!!

I looked every days at your post to see if you have added pictures of it, I was excited and I am not disappointed!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just to show you two of my M1A1 carbine canvas case found in Normandy.

ti1u4d1iv9.jpg

qo01b1xbfg.jpg

l28ozmfrvc.jpg

423ar366uz.jpg

The modified one (right) was used in Normandy by Pvt. Eugene C. Roman. He jumped on D-Day with the 2HQ/506, and then was transferred to E/506 before Holland where he was KIA (Opheusden) on October 8, 1944.

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Here is one of my favourite items. This machete was found exactly like this in the guardian house of the La Barquette locks near Carentan by the grandson of the guardian of 1944. His grandparents were living in the small house, and he found this machete while they were still living there, probably in the 70's.

I acquired this machete probably 10 years ago from the grandson via a friend of mine. What I really enjoy is first, the engraved drawn on the leather scabbard. Then, the owner, Pvt. John Knasiak, stenciled in name in many many places. Knasiak was in 1HQ/506. Then, what is surprising but real, the machete itself. It is engraved Medwig. Cpl. Andrew Medwig was in 2HQ/506 !! So, how the machete ended in this scabbard, I have no idea, and the grandson neither. He found it like this, and according to the marking on the scabbard, I can assure that the machete was carried in this scabbard for a long time.

Hope you will enjoy,

Cheers,

Easy502

wbmdksjt4q.jpg

izl6klq85n.jpg

t0k1lwm2jg.jpg

9s24nystyx.jpg

37u6pmv6y5.jpg

ic2roennro.jpg

www.dday-experience.com

Hello,

I've just found this forum thanks to a friend of mine, and I am very impressed by your personal collections; they are really great !! I live in Normandy, at Carentan, where the 101st aiborne division fought in June 1944, and where Col. Cole led the bayonet charge. I only collect 502nd PIR items used on D-Day, especially from Easy/502, so I'm sure some of you know who I am. But, I also look for 101st airborne items used in Normandy and sometimes, I also find 82nd airborne items.

I don't have too many pictures, but if I get time, I will post a few. For the moment, I insert photos of some of my artifacts I already have in picture on my computer. Hope you will enjoy. Questions are welcome.

Sorry for my English language, and thanks again for sharing your collection.

Cheers,

Easy502

tmdor2fw0w.jpg

p5ux862kqy.jpg

Griswold bag used on D-Day by Robert Aube, 505th PIR, 82nd Abn

post-5164-1231417192.jpg

Musette bag used on D-Day by Robert Burns, 508th PIR, 82nd Abn

nk719r2otc.jpg

i2fy99t0ls.jpg

Silver bracelet carried by Robert Brewer on D-Day, 508th PIR, 82nd Abn, MIA in 1945

bfm2aqq2gq.jpg

Various items from E/502 veteran (101st Abn) who jumped on D-Day

ceatbzhs30.jpg

evfw6t8e1o.jpg

T-5 reserve chute used by 502nd PIR on D-Day, full, never opened, with log record (found at St-Martin-de-Varreville)

97swljkoie.jpg

Pair of reinforced jump pants, worn on D-Day by Fred De Luca, 377th Field Artillery Bn, 101st Abn

pf6l7vngz7.jpg

zaugcb40st.jpg

Key chain (?) carried by LTC Robert Carroll, CO of 1/501st, 101st Abn, killed in action on June 8, 1944

Bonjour Easy502!

I have seen your collection and it is truly wonderful. I was in Normandy last September (stayed in Bayeux ) and was taken on a tour to see St. Mere Eglise, Point du Hoc, Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, and the small village of Angoville-au-Plain where there is a church that was used as a hospital on June 6,7, & 8, 1944. The stained glass windows in the church pay tribute to the 101st. The tour was magnifique!!! (My son is currently a JAG officer, but was originally part of the 101st upon his graduation from the Military Academy at West Point in 2001.)

I collected souvenirs while there. Among them are some small rocks from Pointe du Hoc and St Mere Iglise, a few small shells and sand from Utah Beach and Omaha Beach.

By the way, je pense que votre anglais c'est tres bien!!!

elfin

Dear Jon,

no, it's not a squadron patch but a patch from the Maryland State. The pilot who worn this jacket on D-Day was from Maryland. He told me he sewn the patch because he was proud to be from this state. I will post a closer picture of the patch if you want.

Easy502

Easy502 - do you have a first name? I'm assuming your are Manu??

Rich

donation2008.gif
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

here a picture of a few of my Normandy dug up items....

zisgcnv57s.jpg

- M227 Signal Lamp from Le Holdy

- Bayonet scabbard, first-aid kit and Up John pills from a C/502 parachutist who was KIA in June 1944

- Dog tag from a G/502 parachutist KIA in June 1944

- 1942 dated Cocoa-Cola bottle found on Utah Beach many years ago

- Thompson SMG found at Angoville-au-Plain (Drop Zone)

- Bayonet from an E/506 parachutist KIA in June 1944

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

• 1 month later...

Hello,

my last 506th PIR helmet, complete, pot and liner to the same guy. It was found a few years ago on a flea market in Paris. 20 Euros only !!!!! I bought it much more..... :think:

g6c5f1dx7w.jpg

slop3juo85.jpg

8glzvyz97w.jpg

piawcos4x9.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

I'll give you 50 :D No serious, great helmet!

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!