My small normandy airborne collection...

Easy502

Hello,

I've just found this forum thanks to a friend of mine, and I am very impressed by your personal collections; they are really great !! I live in Normandy, at Carentan, where the 101st aiborne division fought in June 1944, and where Col. Cole led the bayonet charge. I only collect 502nd PIR items used on D-Day, especially from Easy/502, so I'm sure some of you know who I am. But, I also look for 101st airborne items used in Normandy and sometimes, I also find 82nd airborne items.

I don't have too many pictures, but if I get time, I will post a few. For the moment, I insert photos of some of my artifacts I already have in picture on my computer. Hope you will enjoy. Questions are welcome.

Sorry for my English language, and thanks again for sharing your collection.

Cheers,

Easy502

tmdor2fw0w.jpg

p5ux862kqy.jpg

Griswold bag used on D-Day by Robert Aube, 505th PIR, 82nd Abn

post-5164-1231417192.jpg

Musette bag used on D-Day by Robert Burns, 508th PIR, 82nd Abn

nk719r2otc.jpg

i2fy99t0ls.jpg

Silver bracelet carried by Robert Brewer on D-Day, 508th PIR, 82nd Abn, MIA in 1945

bfm2aqq2gq.jpg

Various items from E/502 veteran (101st Abn) who jumped on D-Day

ceatbzhs30.jpg

evfw6t8e1o.jpg

T-5 reserve chute used by 502nd PIR on D-Day, full, never opened, with log record (found at St-Martin-de-Varreville)

97swljkoie.jpg

Pair of reinforced jump pants, worn on D-Day by Fred De Luca, 377th Field Artillery Bn, 101st Abn

pf6l7vngz7.jpg

zaugcb40st.jpg

Key chain (?) carried by LTC Robert Carroll, CO of 1/501st, 101st Abn, killed in action on June 8, 1944

www.dday-experience.com

FightenIrish35

Wow that reserve chute is awesome,I know im farely new to collecting but I have never ever see a 101st patch with the eyes of the eagle actually gone and filled in with white string.This has to be a really really rare variation right?

Regards,

Michael Sweeney--Researcher and Collector of WW2 77TH Division

If you have any named items to a 77th Division Soldier please contact me!!!

In memoroy of my Grandfather

Eugene Henry Sweeney

1st Lieutenant of the 306th

Infantry Regiment Company L -

Veteran of Guam and Leyte

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Hi Easy 502,

Great pictures of some great items, I love the Griswald bag !!!!!!

I just wanted to add Easy502 has a wondeful collection and is a real genuine nice guy and a good friend Welcome...

A very warm welcome to the board. You have a very nice collection, well done!! I've been to Carentan. Nice town! You are lucky to live so close to history, that's for sure. I know I would be walking the fields just about every day!

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Hello,

thanks for your comments. A few more pics.

For Johan, be patient.... ;)

Cheers,

Easy502

7w63u92k3x.jpg

Two demolition bags. The small one have the metal box inside

8kvujt3dx6.jpg

hmm076xrxa.jpg

Parachute Medical Kit, Rigger-made version

www.dday-experience.com

Hello,

I took a few pictures of one of my mannequins last night. This is probably not the best one, but I like it. I did not use a reinforced jump suit because I think you can't see very well the reinforcements with this kind of position, except on the knees. Most of the items come from Normandy battlefield. The .30 caliber is a repro. Hope you will enjoy anyway. Comments and questions are welcome.

READY TO JUMP INTO NORMANDY, ABOARD THE C-47

nbo99u0xox.jpg

xct9nflc77.jpg

gcpbni90na.jpg

p8jbmjf5hk.jpg

mxuoaqrach.jpg

j9zyhk1w3i.jpg

r0l83bcqr6.jpg

fgeh1774ue.jpg

www.dday-experience.com

This is most certainly an impressive collection of Airborne-related items. Many thanks for kindly sharing this with us. I wonder whether or not you should have a story regarding the Rigger-made Medical Pouch, idiosyncratic of the 505th; for example where you came by the item etc.? There are now two of these which I know exist in private collections. I wonder how many more are hiding out there?

Thanks,

Ben

This is most certainly an impressive collection of Airborne-related items. Many thanks for kindly sharing this with us. I wonder whether or not you should have a story regarding the Rigger-made Medical Pouch, idiosyncratic of the 505th; for example where you came by the item etc.? There are now two of these which I know exist in private collections. I wonder how many more are hiding out there?

Thanks,

Ben

Dear Ben,

there is no special story behind the rigger-made medical pouch. It was found in 1944 at St-Sauveur-le-Vicomte by the grandfather of a young man. This man was not a collector so he sold it to me. I know there is another bag, exactly the same one but full of its medical items in Mike De Trez's collection in Belgium. His was found in 80's by a local collector, and is in better condition than mine, which was unfortunately empty. This kind of bag was also used by 101st airborne in Normandy, as you can see in the Doc McIlvoy book (by Mike De Trez), page 39.

Like you, I know only two of these.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Very cool collection mate, keep it coming :)

If you can read this, thank a teacher, and, since it's in English, thank a soldier.

- Anonymous

Dedicated to the hard core.

Just another picture found in my computer.

Cheers,

Easy502

Both A-2 leather jackets are identified to men who worn them when they dropped US Airborne on D-Day

8d2wymeu31.jpg

www.dday-experience.com

That is an amazing collection. Better than any museum I have seen. Well done mate

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

Stunning and breathtaking! thumbsup.gif

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!

One more....

Cheers,

Easy502

Some of my Inland paratrooper liners

p3tr3utt72.jpg

www.dday-experience.com

Wow w00t.gif

This is a stunning collection.

Thanks for sharing so many historical items.

Regards,

Stephan

"Did Americans want heroes ? Well, we were willing at that point to be satisfied with survival."

Looking for 45th, 86th Infantry Division and 106th Cav items.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

Awesome stuff!!!......I almost got dizzy when I scrolled down and saw the jump liners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. w00t.gif. .....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

Hmm nice nice nice!

Can you show a picture of the outside of those helmets with the Inland liners ?

Thanks for showing this great stuff

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!

Thanks for your comments. So, I have to take more pictures of my collection. But, I can add a few pics for the moment. For exemple:

Inland jump liners identified to 502nd PIR, all from battlefield...

f5alepao5u.jpg

or a few Griswold bags, 1st pattern, all identified, and two from Normandy battlefield...

74ffsg2r7y.jpg

or two of my parachutist first aid pouch.

yqivkp6ppd.jpg

Will try to post more photos asap.

Cheers,

Easy502

www.dday-experience.com

Great and amazing collection to say the least. Just love the stuff from battlefield! Mannequin is terrific.

Keep'em coming thumbsup.gif

Yannick

In memory of S/Sgt Sherwood H. Hallman (PA) F co, 175th Rgt, 29th division, BSM, PH w/olc (wounded in action june 8th in Normandy), MEDAL OF HONOR for action at Ilioc farm, Plouzané Sept 11 1944, KIA near Fort Keranroux, Brest Sept 14 1944. His son Sherwood Hallman II wearing the Medal. All my love to my adoptive family in Pennsylvania USA and to all my veteran friends.
You're the best!
29 LET'S GO!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif