"VICTORY 1943" M1936 Suspenders

Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

I bought this years ago hoping it was "USMC" because it lacked the "US" stamp. I now think that's highly unlikely so now am wondering why they left off the "US".....factory error maybe? I'm going to be selling this soon and want to be sure there's nothing odd about them. They look right for an early war M1936 suspenders having the typical mix of OD #3 and pre war "khaki" color shades.

post-4-1231417413.jpg

post-4-1231417473.jpg

I bought a large number of these years ago and they were all marked exactly the same as yours. Thought that was the perfect name for a wartime manufacturer. And they are US Army.

Greg Robinson
I bought a large number of these years ago and they were all marked exactly the same as yours. Thought that was the perfect name for a wartime manufacturer. And they are US Army.

Thanks.....I figured they were US Army. Not a problem since I finally found a legit USMC M1936 suspender recently.

I agree....good name for a wartime contractor.....probably only stayed in business until end of the war and termination of wartime contracts.

Dont forget the possibility these suspenders would be former USSR lend lease stuff as many other mint, unmarked stuff abruptely on the market in good quantity.

I have a few web pieces made by Victory Canvas Co., including smaller items that are marked this way ("Victory" and no U.S.); I'll bet these are Victory Canvas as well.

i think the russians never used all that american webbing & the thompson guns...all the samples i'v seen are mint

the russians had allready millions of PPSH-41s so no need for a foreugn submachinegun with a different calliber

yes--- and to bad they were demilled or destroyed! the web gear was a mountain and was put on the market. all nice clean minty stuff. if i remember--- going back a member had a thread on a thompson from russia and sent to france. they were demilled and sold to collectors.

A good number of M1A1 arrived in Italy converted to semiauto and that horrible "compensator" added just to have the "legal" leght of the barrel.

post-67-1231793132.jpg

A good number of M1A1 arrived in Italy converted to semiauto and that horrible "compensator" added just to have the "legal" leght of the barrel.

artu44 are the guns legal in italy? far as i know the italians are hysteric with the guns & having some really strict laws

artu44 are the guns legal in italy? far as i know the italians are hysteric with the guns & having some really strict laws

Yes our law is not only hysteric but also idiot. These thompson under our law are legal semiauto carbine (just like a .22 l.r.) because they have all characteristics:

- No full auto

- 10 rounds max capacity

-18" minimum barrel lenght

Otherwise, if you are disassemblying the gun for cleaning it's possible you will be arrested for possession of restricted loose gun parts such a bolt, frame and barrel because a part is considered as the whole gun and, obviously, a tommygun is highly restricted. Of course at the end you'll be discharged but after having paid your lawyer.

Also american laws are quite crazy. In 2004 I bought a spare SKS trigger housing having ruined the original in attempt to improve trigger pull. I ordered this piece together full moon clips to the former Numrich and I got it with no problem. The year after I ordered the 1917 revolver grip screw and nut but they refused to send me the screw for legal restriction being "gun parts" then not mailablr outside US. I wrote Numrich that italian laws consider gun parts only essential parts as frame, slide, barrel and they answered: it's not for italian laws but US laws. OIf course a buddy of mine bought the screw and ship it to Italy.

Artu,

We have our share of idiotic gun laws, as well. In the U.S., "a machine gun is always a machine gun," which is why the Civilian Marksmanship Program cannot sell M14 rifles. This webpage (below) explains the procedure to follow in order to do a one-way, permanent conversion to semi-automatic, but of course, no government body is going to pay attention.

http://www.petitiononline.com/M14CMP03/petition.html

Artu,

We have our share of idiotic gun laws, as well. In the U.S., "a machine gun is always a machine gun," which is why the Civilian Marksmanship Program cannot sell M14 rifles. This webpage (below) explains the procedure to follow in order to do a one-way, permanent conversion to semi-automatic, but of course, no government body is going to pay attention.

http://www.petitiononline.com/M14CMP03/petition.html

nothing compares to the greek laws...all the military rifles are outlaw even when they are 150 years old...even when they are deactivated....but ofcourse everyone is free to go & buy all these lethal shotguns remingtones bianchis mosbergs etc without any problem....they baptising all these killing machines inocent hunting rifles & its oooookay....