Does anyone know what type of holster this is?

Eric Queen

Thanks guys but looks to me to be more of a metal closure (?) than an insignia. Thought it was kind of cool/different whatever it is.

Thanks guys but looks to me to be more of a metal closure (?) than an insignia. Thought it was kind of cool/different whatever it is.

Indeed, it is the flap closure and strap....Bodes

We will never know but oddly enough thats I was thinking as well. Perhaps thats why he seems so proud of it. Maybe he thought it was German

Late to the show but had a similiar holster for a small automatic and also have a pretty beat Browning HP in a holster like this.

Pistols were always sought after and many vets I knew would comment on how they wished they could have gotten one.

Yup, As my fellow Forum Members have already determined, it's a Dutch Army or Police issue Holster for either an FN M-1922, or FN M-1935, aka BHP, 9mm. The reason I can't confirm which is due to not actually having it in front of me.

( To see it's relative size. ) One sure way to determine is to check the magazine pocket. If it's a single stack, it's an M-1922, if double stack, M-1935 for sure. They're also found in brown. It is somewhat unusual to encounter an example is really nice condition, as they were in service for many, many years. The saw use with the Dutch, the Germans, & later saw use within the newly liberated, former Dutch Colonial Empire. They've also been imported here throughout the years, both with & without their pistols included.

Best, dpast32

Late to the show but had a similiar holster for a small automatic and also have a pretty beat Browning HP in a holster like this.

Pistols were always sought after and many vets I knew would comment on how they wished they could have gotten one.

That's where I remember seeing one, with a Browning HP....I did a google search for Browning HP holster, but only the standard German wartime ones showed up....Is the holster to your HP Belgian made than?....Bodes

• 3 weeks later...