Vietnam SF webgear

Justin

Hello, my next display is going to be Vietnam SF, here is the webgear I have so far. Please tell me what I can do to improve it.

Note ** The bayonet is long gone, and I hope to add a pilot knife to the suspenders

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Justin

post-2305-1231391294.jpg

Hello, my next display is going to be Vietnam SF, here is the webgear I have so far. Please tell me what I can do to improve it.

Note ** The bayonet is long gone, and I hope to add a pilot knife to the suspenders

Thanks

Justin

Looks pretty sharp to me, perhaps adding an SDU-5/E strobe light http://www.prc68.com/I/SDU5E.shtml

and a GI snaplink would add a little bit to it?

if you are going down a MACV-SOG route then keep the canteen but maybe fill with V40 grenades of M79 grenades, and maybe the addition of a Hanson rig?

Thanks

Justin

Justin

I guess it would depend what you are portraying with the BAR belt

1. Early CIDG/LLDB Advisor

2. Projects (Delta, Sigma, Omega,Gamma) SF guy

3. Mike Force/Mobile Guerrila Force

4. MACVSOG

I usually assemble my gear on how I would have worn and used the items-back in the day, using photo evidence and veteran input.

If you wanted to keep bayonet, put it up on LBE (lot of photo evidence for that).

and here are my set up's

stabo_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/uniform_4.htm

http://www.modernforces.com/uniforms_barbelt.htm

barbelt_450.jpg

I have since taken of the Colt .45 Auto ammo pouch and replaced with the Hot-Wet Environment Individual Survival Kit.

survival_5_450.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/uniform_9.htm

Paul

Are the water purification/Iodine bottles taped to the canteens postwar? They look too big

if you are going down a MACV-SOG route then keep the canteen but maybe fill with V40 grenades of M79 grenades, and maybe the addition of a Hanson rig?

showing my ignorance here, but what is a "Hanson rig"?

Minus the bayonet, I think you have a decent set-up for an SF webgear set.

You have mentioned that you plan on adding a pilot's survival knife, I take it as you are

referring to a camillus, dated 66-70?

I would suggest obtaining a strobe light with it's pouch, and an M1911a1 .45 pouch as well, if you could.

But back on what yours looks like right now, minus the bayonet.....I have seen an almost exact example before in period photos, with the BAR belt and the canteen covers, being placed in the very back, like you have done with yours.

You can go the route with using canteen covers as magazine pouches, but I believe in this instance since you are already using a BAR belt, that this would work just fine.

Duffy

• 6 months later...
private panda
showing my ignorance here, but what is a "Hanson rig"?

A hanson rig was a extraction device, for pulling out of areas to small for a chopper, kind of like a repelling harness.

The Meatcan
A hanson rig was a extraction device, for pulling out of areas to small for a chopper, kind of like a repelling harness.

thanks!

Mercenary25

Cool! Actually I recently got neat mint BAR belt and 56 harness. Now I need to find mint 56 pattern canteen covers. When I'm going to add repro STABO to it when it is done. I always liked STABO/BAR belt combo.

Cool! Actually I recently got neat mint BAR belt and 56 harness. Now I need to find mint 56 pattern canteen covers. When I'm going to add repro STABO to it when it is done. I always liked STABO/BAR belt combo.

A real STABO is on ebay I think just shy of $400. :rolleyes: