ACU dyed green - real? Need input quick

ClaptonIsGod

In a surplus store currently and came across a few ACUs dyed green, including this one with patches which might lend a bit more legitimacy than the bare ones (initially wrote them all off as some homecooked idea).

Any chance this is legit/worth buying? Still in the store so would appreciate input ASAP.

0Hb5p0r.jpg

When I was at Fort Polk in the 1990's, the "Opfor" units wore DBDU "chocolate chip" uniforms that had been vat-dyed black. The dye wasn't very thick so the overall effect was that it gave them a dark gray look. I wouldn't be surprised if this was something similar, i.e. an "OPFOR" (Opposing Forces) uniform of some kind, perhaps locally made at one particular installation.

There are instances of units "dying" ACUs for night operations in Iraq. I'd call this one legit. Worth buying? Depends on the price. They're not common like this but ACUs in general aren't really collectible yet.

In a surplus store currently and came across a few ACUs dyed green, including this one with patches which might lend a bit more legitimacy than the bare ones (initially wrote them all off as some homecooked idea).

Any chance this is legit/worth buying? Still in the store so would appreciate input ASAP.

0Hb5p0r.jpg

Heard of this a few times with the usual consensus being that they're for OPFOR purposes. Looks as if the patches are sewn down so it would have been later in the life of the UCP pattern and after multicam took over for deployed environs.