M-1 given to me in the early 1950's. Yes, I am old.

kanemono

Here is my M-1 helmet which was given to me by the veteran in the early 1950’s when I was about ten years old. I was with my mother who was visiting a friend. The helmet was on a shelf in the garage and I asked to see it. The husband took it off the shelf, put it on my head and gave me the helmet. It has had a lot millage put on it by my playing “Combat” wearing the helmet. The helmet has a heat stamp 631D which I believe has it being manufactured somewhere in the range of September or October of 1943 and made by McCord Radiator Company. The liner is marked in the crown with the Westinghouse symbol with D26 under the symbol. The liner I also believe is of mid-1943 manufacture. It has strap webbing & green “A” washers folded under nape. I am very glad that I kept over the years. The front has almost worn off painted captains bars. Unfortunately I don’t know enough about the veteran whose name I remember was “Ike” Lamb. “Ike” is scratched inside the helmet shell.

post-9487-0-07469600-1579899138_thumb.jpg

post-9487-0-47368000-1579899145_thumb.jpg

post-9487-0-71253100-1579899152_thumb.jpg

Good on you for hanging onto that lid for all this time. I wish I had done the same with items that had been given to me when I was a kid!

Tom

Very nice lid with a great history. Salty old helmets are the best. Are those captain bars on the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk