about HGU-33/P,Why so few on the market?

ihijxxmjx

General Apathy

I want to get this helmet long long time.But I can not find it by internet and ebayHGU-33/PWhy so few on the market

>

As there was no photograph I had no idea what a HGU-33/P looked like so I googled it and found one for sale on helmetfx.com . . . . . . .

https://www.helmetfx.com/hgu-33.html

lewis.

I think their service life was quite short as the Navy/USMC seemed to move quickly to the HGU-55 and HGU-68.

Additionally, there seem to be many HGU-33s that were converted to the HGU-55 standard by life support personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think their service life was quite short as the Navy/USMC seemed to move quickly to the HGU-55 and HGU-68.

Additionally, there seem to be many HGU-33s that were converted to the HGU-55 standard by life support personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the service life on the HGU-33 was short because this helmet was not suited well for NVG use. TACAIR started to use NVG Goggles and the HGU-33 was not easily modified for compatibility with the goggles. I still love the HGU-33 and pick them up when ever I run across a properly priced example, but I agree they are getting harder to find.

Chris