Question on USAF Security Force Protocol?

olivedrab1970

They are supposed to be returned Im fairly sure. They are government property. But from what I see many guys mustve kept their badges. Plus Ive seen plenty un-numbered ones sold surplus

olivedrab1970

They are supposed to be returned Im fairly sure. They are government property. But from what I see many guys mustve kept their badges. Plus Ive seen plenty un-numbered ones sold surplus

OK, I was under the assumption that was the case. I happened to come upon one in a grouping I just received and was wondering.

Thank You

• 2 years later...

Just a note related to this, in the early 1980's, as best as I can remember, AAFES "won the contract" to take over the military clothing sales stores throughout the Air Force.  After a while, the AAFES Military Clothing Sales decided to stop handling the "issue" badges, rank, etc. and continue on with only the "commercial" grade insignia that had always (at least in my career) been available through AAFES.  Remaining stocks of the "issue" stuff was turned in to DRMO, and eventually ended up on the "open market."  I remember an enterprising individual in my squadron ended up the SP and Firefighter badges, which up to then I had always thought were more tightly controlled.  This individual delivered lots of stripes to our First Sergeant, Wings to the Bomber Squadron on base, and various other specialty badges to the appropriate functions.  I was SURE that he kept one of each as he was an avid collector!