Newer Meyer M9

Tony V

Being a new collector and not knowing much can anyone tell me about this one. It was one of two I picked up at a flee market and not being a wing collector I found it interesting. Sorry about the back scan being rather dark, it has the raised mark for mayer and the M9 in the shield.The other one is a vanguard smaller with the same design.

Thank you

Tony

post-4932-1231377188.jpg

post-4932-1231377412.jpg

Aussie-Wings

Hi Tony,

This is a USAF Master Navigator/Observer wing. The 9M on Meyer wings indicates that it is date from between the mid fifties to mid sixties (1954-1965). Cannot date the Vanguard one without seeing its back. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AW.

Hi AW

Thank you for the information. I have never seen one like this and later in the day I will add the other one. I just scanned it.

Tony

Here is the Vanguard one, the back has the 1 on the left and the V on the right. The eagle shows well with the Vanguard scroll under the others. This is the best I can do with the scan.

Thank you

Tony

post-4932-1231456743.jpg

post-4932-1231456762.jpg

Aussie-Wings
Here is the Vanguard one, the back has the 1 on the left and the V on the right. The eagle shows well with the Vanguard scroll under the others. This is the best I can do with the scan.

Thank you

Tony

Hi Tony,

Vanguard V1 is from the same period (1954-1965). The alpha numbering designation for this period is one letter and one number 9M, V1, etc. I particularly like the Vanguard V1 eagle hallmark and have a couple of those on different styles of wings.

Cheers,

AW.

AW

Thank you, and yes I do like the way they did the back. I think I will now start looking at other wings, I do have a lot to learn but in time one never knows what we will find.

Be Well

Tony