WWII 10TH MTN DIV SKIS

INIMICUS

all -

I've acquired 2 sets of skis, one with bindings, and one set of poles. all have correct markings, nothing mismatched. nearly all paint. I'm interested in WWI and WWII german stuff, daggs and headgear, for ex. will trade. here are a few pix. thanks and '09 best, dw

post-496-1231375880.jpg

pic 2

all -

I've acquired 2 sets of skis, one with bindings, and one set of poles. all have correct markings, nothing mismatched. nearly all paint. I'm interested in WWI and WWII german stuff, daggs and headgear, for ex. will trade. here are a few pix. thanks and '09 best, dw

well it posted after all!

attempting pic 3

sorry; system won't let me post more. please PM for more pix if interested.......

thanks,

dw

post-496-1231389595.jpg

Very nice find. There was a 1st Lt Melvin Froman who served with the 10th., 85th Reg. who could be your guy. It looks like he was at Camp Hale, but not Camp Swift or Italy, so he must have been reassigned for some reason. That seems to have happened frequently for a wide variety of reasons. For example, one 10th vet I know was sent to language school and ended up in France months before the 10th was sent overseas.

thanks a lot. you're right - he's the one! (I cot some info from the son and the museum in colorado.)

know anyone looking for a nice set like this?

cheers & '09 best,

david

Very nice find. There was a 1st Lt Melvin Froman who served with the 10th., 85th Reg. who could be your guy. It looks like he was at Camp Hale, but not Camp Swift or Italy, so he must have been reassigned for some reason. That seems to have happened frequently for a wide variety of reasons. For example, one 10th vet I know was sent to language school and ended up in France months before the 10th was sent overseas.