53rd Coast Artillery

Ilin1979

53rd CA is the one with the ram (looks like horse), back marked sterling. I dont know the right price I got lucky it cost me a couple bucks. The second crest is a variation of 64th AAA.

Well if it cost you a couple bucks then want to X10 your investment? :lol: Its an ASMIC Most Wanted pin and I believe I read one of the rarer Coast Artillery insignia, although the article noted they are getting easier to find. I've lost out on the chance to get one before so I know about what they go for and you did very well.

No I was just joking that I would give him a great return on his investment. The one I was bidding on ended at $215, this one might be be worth slightly less due to the fact that it appears to have some tarnish on the ram but It would still go for a really nice price I bet.

Wow, i did see it on ASMIC most wanted, never saw one on auction so was not sure about a price. Thats a keeper for sure.

Yeah I was really surprised at how high it ended up because I had never seen one sell before either. Ive seen other units DI's go for crazy money before but it stuck me as odd that something like a Coastal Artilery pin that wasnt theater made or anything could draw so much attention.