1943 "Popular Science Monthly," Special October Issue

hhbooker2

:rolleyes: October 1943 "Popular Science Monthly" Magazine came out with an article titled: "I AM A TANK-DESTROYER COMMANDER" by the late Jack O'Brine and photographed by William W. Morris. It starts with: "Sergeant Thurman Horton . . . and there are thousands like him . . . has an answer for Axis armor in a hard-hitting M-10 'PANTHER.'" You will see seldom seen pictures of the tank showing the crew members posed for a group portrait, then see action photos, on pages 102 through page 106, in a well-written piece especially for P.S.M. magazine, I might add, an extremely hard-to-find issue due to its great popularity among serious collectors of armoured warfare in WW2! I've scanned these pages very carefully for your reading and viewing enjoyment, am sure you shall gain more knowledge on tank-destroyers than is available elsewhere, folks! I proudly present to you this fascinating exciting article withour further ado! Your most reliable and obedient servant, Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) [NOTA BENE: I acquired all of the 1941 and 1945 and six of the 1942 issues of P.S.M. magazine and hope to show the really great patriotic images here, email me to see them sooner!]. :rolleyes:

post-837-1231375613.jpg

;) Page 104. BUGME & JEEPER: eBay Auctions usually has this issue priced about US$5.50 or so, plus shipping & handling, but they're available now as they are under-appreciated, to say the least except by the serious collectors, like those focused on Tank-Destroyers, go see eBay and see if its still here, might get lucky? Never know? :D Sarge Booker ([email protected])

Indeed very interesting.

I hope I will find this magazine some day.

Thanks for posting this! thumbsup.gif

Erwin

post-837-1231531681.jpg