Sig M17 Service Pistol

kfields

On 1/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, Kansas Raider said:

A friend of mine bought one 2 weeks ago in KC at a shop, paid $900. I told him if he finds another for the same price get it for me

Lucky friend... some of these are going for 2K these days. 

Yeah I received an email reply on Jan 4 this year saying that it might be several more months before the "second level review" is completed.  

I have no idea what that means other than I shall wait for several more months and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

Received a reply back this past week on my FOIA request! My pistol was issued to Company B 5th Battalion 101st Aviation Regiment ! Pretty cool!

Kim

5 hours ago, kfields said:

Received a reply back this past week on my FOIA request! My pistol was issued to Company B 5th Battalion 101st Aviation Regiment ! Pretty cool!

Kim

I got mine back as well this past week.  Mine was issued to 1st Bn, 502nd Infantry between December 2017 and March 2019.

mohawkALSE
6 hours ago, kfields said:

Kim

The Lancers!   I love the Aviation background with it since my father was a 101st Aviator.  Also know guys who flew with Bravo Co back in their Huey days.

kfields
6 hours ago, Nkomo said:

I got mine back as well this past week.  Mine was issued to 1st Bn, 502nd Infantry between December 2017 and March 2019.

Congratulations on receiving a letter showing it went to a combat unit! Mine was with the 101st for a similar amount of time, Dec 2017-May 2019.

It sure is icing on the cake to have an archival type letter for an issued Army pistol that shows probable service in Afghanistan!

Kim

kfields
5 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

The Lancers!   I love the Aviation background with it since my father was a 101st Aviator.  Also know guys who flew with Bravo Co back in their Huey days.

Yes I love that connection too!

SubgunFun

These are just too cool. I didn't even know about them being released to the public. US property marked items are something special. An like-for-like commemorative or civilian version just doesn't have the cool factor. That you can do a FOIA act on these and get some real info is awesome! I had a Reising Model 50 and the FOIA request provided me a lot of documents but they were all blanked out except for my serial number. That FOIA request was almost not worth the time. Thanks for sharing!