Vietnam era M16 Rifle shipping box?

TNBandit

Here's one I've owned for probably 20 years and had very little luck with positive ID. Here's what I can tell you. It was purchased at a small auction house about 20 years ago in New Hampshire. It had 2 US marked padlocks on either end of the box and it was locked. I took a chance on it because it had a military "look" to it and it went pretty cheap. When I was cashing out at the end of the auction the cashier handed me the keys. I took it home and opened it up. Inside were 8 or 10 Vietnam era Colt 20rd M16 magazines, several new original Black slings wrapped with rubber bands, a small plastic parts box with various M16 parts and a GI tool roll with a variety of punches, screwdrivers and a small bottle of GI issue gun oil. On the outside of the box was an ancient postage sticker from it being mailed and another partial sticker that corresponded to a USMC repair depot. The Styrofoam inserts inside securely hold 1 full size M16 or AR15 rifle and my Pre-ban Colt SP-1 fits perfectly so it's clearly made to ship 1 rifle without any chance of damage. Problem is nobody I have spoken with has ever seen one like this. Any help guys ? Well until I figure out how to resize the pictures this will have to do...

I guess I need help with resizing the pics. The latest post in the help section concerning that is 5 years ago and when I click on the site listed I get a big warning in Red telling me that site is unsafe to use.

The trick to posting images is keeping them under 251K

You can resize them on a pc by right clicking over the image icon and choosing edit and use what ever program comes up and reduce it / crop it in there.