civil war era leather goods with two US plates..?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/33udnznyi/

Hi folks,can anyone identify what these leather goods are or a time frame by US buckle type???...the leather strap looks as though it was field modified into two straps as it is cut thru the maker mark that I cannot quite make out....perhaps the two seperate pcs of leather goods were not made together but they came in the same box lot at a Gettysburg firearms auction...any clues are much appreciated....perhaps they are newer or older than Civil war period,I just don't know....hopefully my pics will tell the tale...looks horse tack to me??Scott

Well thats a horse bridle rosette, so it probably started life as a bridle but was cut down at some point. I believe yours is probably Indian wars era at the earliest and not Civil War. They were still using this style of rosette up through WWI as well.

thanks very much,i was even thinking SAW perhaps....i thought about trying to clean the plates(is that the rosette?,i'm not a cavalry guy to say the least)....but the backside of metal hasn't seen daylight in many ,many years...Scott

I saw one yesterday in a shop that had an Officers Army Hat Badge Eagle on the Rosette. I don't have a picture, but has anyone seen one like that before? Also, what period do you think it would be? Thanks in advance for any information on it. Dave