Beautiful 19th Corps Red Ball Ike.

Beau-Brummel

I was very fortunate In the holidays to pick up this lovely Ike jacket from the son of the veteran who lives locally to me.

The bullion badges are pretty spectacular and are German made I believe.

The Veteran himself was English but was born In the USA so I believe may have held dual Nationality. Weather he was called up or volunteered I do not know, In fact details about him are quite sparse altogether. What I did learn from his son was that his name was Douglas Foster Bentley and he was born I believe In approximately 1924, he passed away In 2013. Apparently the family still have his medal grouping which has a Purple Heart, I am hoping they will be able to locate them.

I don't know If anyone would be able to tell me more about this gentleman, It would be very much appreciated If so.

I hope you guys like this as much as I do.

Yours, Guy.

post-1781-0-94536100-1579180500.jpg

Note the orientation of the XIX Corps patch; that is how the patch is oriented on Corps newspapers.

I have a similar patch and both tabs, embr not bullion, on an Ike and the patch is also oriented like this. Great motto, too.

There is just some killer insignia on this Ike; condition is exquisite. You are fortunate the family cared for this as well as they did.

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments,

Ive been lucky enough to own some lovely 19th and red ball pieces over the years but have to say that I think this is the nicest. Many years ago I had in my collection a tomahawk patch with the added rockers but I believe this is the only bullion example Ive ever seen. The fact this jacket turned up a couple of miles from me has really blown my mind and I feel so lucky to have come across it, Im just hoping that the family can find the medals so I can at least photograph them .

Once again, thank you for all your kind words and interest

Very Best Regards to all, Guy.