1954 back type parachute ID needed

TexRdnec

i'm thinking of picking this up as a wall filler but before i do i was wondering just what the hell it was used in? all i can tell is that it was made in 1954 by pioneer and that the model # starts with P, which probably just means pioneer.

and what would be a decent deal on it?

thanks, should have the pic up in just a bit...

Value depends on if packed..condition etc...the container is usually a darker green nylon...so it is intriguing..pics of the front and stamps...and log book if available

WWII Parachutist

It's a commercial, non-military chute. Although Pioneer did make parachutes for the military, this is one of their civilian versions. Typically these can be had for not more than $200 in my experience.

I was just replying as the last reply came through, was going to say its a civilian rig. You can see the old CAA which today would be FAA TSO number.

most of the military rigs that made it into sport parachuting were pretty extensively modified (container wise) with the flaps being rigger extended to accomodate

the extra bulk associated with a sleeved (opening shock inhibitor) C-9 or Paracommander, etc.. parachute, which can increase the pack volume substantially.

That rig does look commercial and if sold as a primary/emergency parachute, bears the resemblance thereof.