60th IR liner

currahee1942

Hello guys

Here is my late war/occupation painted go devils liner.

I have a question about my liner.

I know that it is the warrant officer rank in te front but i dont know for what the black circle stands for.

Does someone have a idee ?

Greets matthias

post-159982-0-66379500-1579108596_thumb.jpeg

post-159982-0-11868900-1579108614_thumb.jpeg

From 1939-42, there were cap patches, in branch colors and on khaki and black discs, that had officer's ranks embr into them. We pubbed an article in the Oct-Dec 2017 Trading Post showing different officer's ranks, except for Warrant Officer. Your black disc may be indicative of one of those embr ranks. I can only point you in that direction as I cannot reconcile a late war/occupation liner w/ this insignia.

The rounded warrant officer's insignia was replaced by a rectangular one in 1955. Would date this liner pre mid 50s in any case. The name may be a good starting point for research and a definitive answer.

The white has me thinking guard, mp or training.

In the 50’s they uses more sticker decals then painted decals.

Its like ken88 says the rounded warrant officer insignia was replaced in the 50’s.

The liner was found in europe and was for 30years in a collection from a francemen, so its unlikely that it is worn in the 50’s

In the 50’s they uses more sticker decals then painted decals.

Its like ken88 says the rounded warrant officer insignia was replaced in the 50’s.

The liner was found in europe and was for 30years in a collection from a francemen, so its unlikely that it is worn in the 50’s

Very true that as the 50s wore on that decals were more common, though painted insignia were seen to a certain degree even into the early 60s. Maybe it is related in some way to this liner, perhaps one worn post V-E Day, 9th Infantry Division on occupation duty till January 1947.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140367-wwii-go-devils-painted-helmet-liner/

Very true that as the 50s wore on that decals were more common, though painted insignia were seen to a certain degree even into the early 60s. Maybe it is related in some way to this liner, perhaps one worn post V-E Day, 9th Infantry Division on occupation duty till January 1947.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140367-wwii-go-devils-painted-helmet-liner/

There's another GO DEVILS liner like the one in the above link but with a White Strip, its linked but t is no longer viewable, can that topic be brought back up?

There's another GO DEVILS liner like the one in the above link but with a White Strip, its linked but t is no longer viewable, can that topic be brought back up?

Here's one that was auctioned a while ago fwiw

60thliner.jpg

If you look really close to the red devil, then you could see that he have 2 layers of paint.

So it was in use