US NAVY -American Theater Campaign Medal Question

cerick1450

I have a "US NAVY S&A Order #28675 American Theater Campaign Medal US Mint" (Label on Box) . I noticed that it is a Crimped only type medal rather than the usual WW2 medals with two stiches on pin holding it in place. I started to look around on the internet to see if there were the stitched type of medal and could not find one? So my question is, were the US Nay Campaign medals only issued with the crimped on pin??

Thank you in advance for the help.

The earliest Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard Campaign medals (American Campaign, Asiatic, EAME), were made by the U.S. Mint and issued on a slot brooch. They are considered rare compared the the unmarked crimp brooch counterparts.

Thank you for the help. I have never seen a WW2 American Campaign medal with the slot broach before. So a crimped broach on the American campaign medal could be correct for a WW2 era vet?

Thank you for the help. I have never seen a WW2 American Campaign medal with the slot broach before. So a crimped broach on the American campaign medal could be correct for a WW2 era vet?

Yes