Greetings from the Inland Empire

Vern_Eugen

Hi all

Collector of WW2 Army and Navy groups since the late 70s. I have been in and out of the game many a time- but now nearing retirement I thought I would dive back in. Looking forward to seeing what is out there these days- lots of great info I have seen so far here.

living in the Inland Empire region of S California- I am a Nebraska boy by birth- hope to get back there- politics and cost of living aren't my cup of tea anymore around here- good weather be damned!

Vern

i'm not certain i own anything that isn't either illegal in california or known to cause cancer there...

They put the famous prop 65 warning sticker on seemingly everything, I have seen it on olives, bread rolls, sunglasses... state is being ruined by the fools in Sacramento. I have been here since 1991, and its really been downhill since the late 90s

It only took me one trip back home to Upstate New York in winter to appreciate California weather. I guess I'll stick with trying to vote the Sacramento idiots out a little longer. Problem with that is that the new idiots always seem as bad as the old idiots.

No matter, though. Welcome to the forum!

Mikie

I am sure Nebraska would welcome you back... it's just a bit limited for collecting opportunities. No weekly flea markets, just a few specialized shows. The nearest militaria show is always at least 3 hours away. If you have not been back in awhile, Omaha is growing like you would not believe.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Collector of WW2 Army and Navy groups since the late 70s. I have been in and out of the game many a time- but now nearing retirement I thought I would dive back in. Looking forward to seeing what is out there these days- lots of great info I have seen so far here.

living in the Inland Empire region of S California- I am a Nebraska boy by birth- hope to get back there- politics and cost of living aren't my cup of tea anymore around here- good weather be damned!

Vern

from Riverside to Oceanside we’ve got southwest CA covered! When I lived in Kansas City I visited Nebraska - mainly Omaha - for a few years around Fourth of July. I walked around saying damned weather be good.

Fill me in if you would on what/where the Inland Empire is. I'm from western NY but a have a son in LA. I've never heard of the Inland Empire.

East of LA: Riverside, San Bernardino