MAW

The Show of Shows, 2020...Louisville, KY

Not sure this will show up well but took a panoramic shot at the show.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kyle-

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2020.gif

3d79e1afb3236b5ecbafcb43c83946e1.jpg

Any ideas who owns this stall as I can see a Troop Carrier uniform for sale?

All Airborne Troop Carrier items wanted especially uniform groupings and unit history books. Anything considered!!

Collector and researcher of IX Troop Carrier Command. Visit my Facebook page to see the research and collection.

http://www.facebook.com/IXtroopcarriercommand

3d79e1afb3236b5ecbafcb43c83946e1.jpg

Any ideas who owns this stall as I can see a Troop Carrier uniform for sale?

Thats Big Dog militarias table

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Good first day. I have some things I want to go back to today. I got to meet Robert Wilson, what a great guy! Top notch for sure, Ill definitely be by his table again.

Wanted: Missouri Medals

I am always in search of Missouri Medals and Items. This could be anything from WW1, WW2, Prisoners of War, Ephemera, or anything pertaining to Missourians.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Without a witness, they just disappear.-

donation2020.gif

Guys -

Thank you so much for posting all the photos! For those of us who can't be there they are a real treat. Good hunting!

Best,

Bill K.

WTB USMC NAMED GROUPINGS, WWI, WWII (ESPECIALLY 4TH MARINE DIVISION ITEMS) AND UNIS MARKED ITEMS, NAMED INFANTRY DIVISION 4 POCKET CLASS A JACKETS, ESPECIALLY 34th ID AND NAMED GROUPINGS, FIRST SPECIAL SERVICE FORCE ITEMS

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks everyone for the photos. Been there many times and always a great experience.

Always looking for USN WW2 era Bullion Chief Petty Officer Rates, any Chief Petty Officer Airship Rigger Rates, Liberty Cuffs, WW2 USMC Insignia and Distinguishing Marks, and WW2 Civil Defense and Civil Air Patrol Insignia

OVMS Member
ASMIC Member

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Oh well - Not there but love the pics! Lots of nostalgia. Every military collector should have this show on their list. Sort of like a trip to Mecca. LOL

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Had a great time at the show. Morty thanks for the education on the patches, Tarbridge was nice to finally meet you hope to see you at a Southern show again, and Bruce Linz was great seeing you again and hope to see you at one of the 'local' shows.

While there were some AMAZING COOL military antiques at the show, my ULTIMATE MOST ABSOLUTE FAVORITE part of the show was meeting the ALL veterans in the back. Those men were the real 'gems' of the show IMHO.

dave

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Wonderful fist time at the show. Met a lot of great people including the special guest vets in the back. Even picked up some new stuff....shhhh don’t tell the wife!

Posted Image

-Kyle-

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2020.gif

First time at SOS, what a fantastic event. Well organized and structured. Hats off to the OVMS. It was hustling and bustling from open to close each day. I Urge all to visit it at least once in their lifetime. I know I’ll surely be a regular participant from here on out. You may not buy much but much of the fun is just looking and seeing and handling things you don’t normally see. A few observations, it was a diverse show, no dominant genere, very balanced. If you leave the show empty handed you’re probably a tight wad and/or you may want to reflect on whether or not you are a collector.

Wow! I didn't know this was going on! I sooooooo want to go one year! Everytime we make plans something seems to come up! One year . . . we'll make it! It must be just amazing! Like a hands-on museum!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

I hoping on going maybe next year ? Will hopefully be retired and have a clear schedule . I been to the Max show years ago but never SOS . On my bucket list .

donation2011.gif

As always, I had a great time at the Show of Shows. We're spoiled that the show is held in our own backyard, but regardless of where you live, this is a show you want to attend at least once. There's an incredible variety of militaria. Everything from a dollar patch to multi hundred-thousand dollar, museum grade Third Reich relics. There really is something for everyone. I saw a lot of old friends and made a couple of new ones. Business was good, although for me, more from the dealers and members than the retail customers. And, there were bargains to be had. I'm already looking forward to next year.

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Anyone have any info on this item from the show of shows? Dealer name? Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

That pic is of one of my tables...

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

That pic is of one of my tables...

First time we missed in a decade. Hope to see you and your bride again in 2021

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Scott...

We missed seeing you as well. Looking forward to the next opportunity!

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

Once again, I had a great time! I arrived on Friday around 11:00 and left by 3. In that time, I walked over 5 miles just going up and down the aisles!

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG