The Show of Shows, 2020...Louisville, KY

MAW

CNY Militaria

I'm packed as well...I'll have the following highlights (plus many more) at my table to sell for cash. I believe I'll be at H44-45.

-Huge WWII 8th AAF Fighter Wing Brigadier General Group- Uniforms, medals, paperwork, etc.

-Huge WWII - 60's- US Army Lieutenant General Group- Uniform, medals, plaques, documents

-WWI- WWII XIX Corps Artillery Brigadier General's Medal Group- DSM, SS, PH, LOM, etc

-WWII Group of insignia, wings, items owned by Gen. Doolittle

-2x Korean War KIA Purple Hearts to Medal of Honor Recipients

-WWII-50's AAF/USAF Major General Medal, document, photo, scrapbook group

-Huge WWII-60's Army Brigadier General's group- Uniforms, medals, plaques, etc.

-Pre-WWII Army Major General's Uniform

-USAF 1960's Dress uniform, mini medals, experimental flight jacket to a decorated WWII fighter pilot.

-Huge WWII 9th AAF Fighter Pilot w/ 1 Kill group- Medals, wings, dog tags, documents, photos, etc.

-Large WWII 40th ID Bronze Star for Valor Group- Uniform, medals, photos, documents

-Large WWII Fifth Army/Seventh Army German Bring back Group- Uniform, medals, pins, German souvenir bring backs with capture papers.

-Collection of US Navy Police/Master At Arms Badges

-Lots of Misc. Insignia, medals, dog tags, and lots of great stuff I can't think of at the moment!

-Documented WWII Doolittle Raider Wing & paperwork group

I’m going, it’s my first time, if I wanted to sell or trade uniforms, how would I go about doing that?

You can bring photos, but then you would have to be back & forth to the car and this place is HUGE. I would say just bring them- and walk the show.

(depending how many you have), some guys have those "grandma carts" they push around with stuff. But above all be courteous - to the people in the aisle and don't lay them out for some one to see on another dealers tables. (This happens quite a bit actually and is really bad form)

I'll be there set up as usual with my good friend James Parker from Topkick Militaria.

Tables B 13-14

Can't wait!

Hope to see a lot of you at the show!

Matt

Blood On The Risers Militaria

4. How is etiquette amongst buyers? I once was at an antique advertising show where almost nothing had a price tag and I picked up an item that I really wanted to inspec it closer and another buyer came in beside me and asked the dealer how much and proceeded to buy it while I was still holding it. It would get that cutthroat.

That's when you tell the guy next to you to take a hike!! You will find that there are some "bullies" that only respond to being "bullied" themselves. But, it's not nearly as bad now as it was just 5 years ago.

First timers....the best advice for you guys that have never been there. If you are staying a couple days then leave your wallet in your room the first day or there's no reason to even go back the second day because you'll be broke!!

Question for anyone setting up who has gone through the Wednesday dealer drive in. I just recently was notified that I received two tables off the waiting list and have paid for them. Was I to let them know I would be participating in the Wednesday drive in, or do I just get in the vehicle line after picking up my packet on Wednesday?

Question for anyone setting up who has gone through the Wednesday dealer drive in. I just recently was notified that I received two tables off the waiting list and have paid for them. Was I to let them know I would be participating in the Wednesday drive in, or do I just get in the vehicle line after picking up my packet on Wednesday?

Step 1.... get your packet as soon as possible....it has your parking pass, your show badges, and table location. Remember you and any helpers need to have your normal OVMS membership badges too.

Step 2.... follow the directions (and the crowd) to get your vehicle in line for set up. Having access to the adjacent hall last year was very helpful. The folks at the table when you pick up the packet can give you all the options available.

Enjoy the show!

Austin_Militaria

One case priced and packed. Tables S-49 & S-50. Also a large Estate Collection of 50+ US & British Swords, Revolutionary War to WWI.

post-2578-0-61566000-1581817000_thumb.jpg

post-2578-0-61566000-1581817000_thumb.jpg

Step 1.... get your packet as soon as possible....it has your parking pass, your show badges, and table location. Remember you and any helpers need to have your normal OVMS membership badges too.

Step 2.... follow the directions (and the crowd) to get your vehicle in line for set up. Having access to the adjacent hall last year was very helpful. The folks at the table when you pick up the packet can give you all the options available.

Enjoy the show!

MAW...Thank you! Last question, because I will be unloading by myself. Do you unload your vehicle at your tables?

Not at your tables, but an area next to hall, bring a cart if your items are heavy, it can be a little walk, but really much better than coming in from the parking lot with your goods.

For what it’s worth, I was able to schedule some business down in Louisville on Wednesday. I should be available by about 2:00-pm Wednesday and all day Thursday. I am willing to help out with anything if needed. I sent my OVMS membership in early last week. So if any OVMS SOS staff are on here and still need helpers, please PM me. Thank you.

We will have remaining early US campaign medals from Garth's collection including a named China Expedition medal, Purple Hearts and Imperial German. We are located along the Front Wall at 34 & 35. Look forward to a great show and seeing old and new friends. Mike

I'll have a few nice things to offer this year along with a couple of Holy Grail items for exhibit:

US WWII Western W31 Parachutist USMC Fighting Knife

Vietnam MACV-SOG Knife

SOG Plaques

Vietnam First Flight Squadron Silver Presentation Cup

General George S. Patton Jr. personal and family artifacts group

Arms & Armor

Colonial Spanish Rapier

WWII US Army General Officer's Uniform & Medals group

Confederate General's photos, documents and uniform group

Confederate and other swords

Lt. C. Carwood Lipton 506th PIR group

Documented BB-55 USS NORTH CAROLINA M1 Helmets with Hawley Liners

WW1 Silver Star medal group

And Much More...NO PMs please...See you there. Ed

I am ALWAYS buying or trading for WWII 506th PIR 101st Airborne Officer's Silver Cups!

post-3653-0-61477900-1581983803_thumb.jpg

post-3653-0-51587100-1581984076_thumb.jpg

post-3653-0-45727000-1581984096_thumb.jpg

Flew 6 hours on the red-eye from Hawaii to Alaska last night and this AM, packed and am now headed to the airport in a snowstorm for 3 flights and 14 hours more in airports and planes. I'm confident it will be worth every moment of travel to be there.

See you all there, and travel safe,

Wow you make me feel guilty for not going.

That’s a big temperature change and a lot of travel time.

Not to mention the front end investment.

Is there anyone who wants to act as a picker for me?

I can't make it and I currently have budget for WWII airborne and D-Day named groupings and uniforms.

Send me a pm please.

Also, could the ones who attend the SOS post pictures of the show afterwards?

It's always a pleasure to see those.

Have a good one!

There are allot of items at the show, but don't forget about the veterans in the back. The vets have some good stories to tell and they appreciate the visitors. Have good luck and enjoy yourselves, because before you know it the show will be over.

BigDogMilitaria

Great dealer set up today . Found some neat pieces . Im at T-17 and 18 if anyone wants to stop and say hi . And also take a bunch of my stuff home with them !