The Show of Shows, 2020...Louisville, KY

MAW

Do you guys think one day (Saturday) would be enough time to view all that’s offered? Trying to get there for the first time and flights are hard to come by. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, not really. Does your flight get in Friday or Saturday? If you get in early enough on Friday, go to the show immediately as it's only about a 6-7 minute drive from the airport.

My method is that I don't collect German items, so it's easy just to blow by those tables and that speeds my search up.

IMO, not really. Does your flight get in Friday or Saturday? If you get in early enough on Friday, go to the show immediately as it's only about a 6-7 minute drive from the airport. 

My method is that I don't collect German items, so it's easy just to blow by those tables and that speeds my search up. 

I wouldn’t get in on Friday till around 6pm. I can try to get there for Friday but it costs a lot more. I am not sure I’m looking for anything in particular but just want to take it all in.

CNY Militaria

If you went only on Saturday, and its your first time, youll probably leave disappointed as youll likely end up missing a lot and not making it all the way through. Also dealers start leaving at 3 PM that day.

If you went only on Saturday, and its your first time, youll probably leave disappointed as youll likely end up missing a lot and not making it all the way through. Also dealers start leaving at 3 PM that day.

Ok thanks for the help, sounds like I need to try for Friday as well

Alright got my travel and hotel booked and I’m ready for my first show! My question now is what do I bring with me that’s small enough to put in a suitcase and what are the essentials?

tdogchristy90

This'll be by first show as well. Some of the best advice I've received so far.

1. Try to stay focused. Maybe make a list of wants before you show up. Don't get distracted.

2. If you see something that fits your want list and scratched an itch for you, buy it. It may not be available the next time around.

3. Bring something to write with, take notes, and make comments about things you want.

4. Use the map provided at the show and try to be aware of your surroundings. 2000 tables is a lot.

5. Bring what cash you can (as it was described to me, cash is king). Maybe bring something to trade, and just enjoy the show.

Alright got my travel and hotel booked and Im ready for my first show! My question now is what do I bring with me thats small enough to put in a suitcase and what are the essentials?

1. Try to stay focused. Maybe make a list of wants before you show up. Don't get distracted.

2. If you see something that fits your want list and scratched an itch for you, buy it. It may not be available the next time around.

3. Bring something to write with, take notes, and make comments about things you want.

4. Use the map provided at the show and try to be aware of your surroundings. 2000 tables is a lot.

5. Bring what cash you can (as it was described to me, cash is king). Maybe bring something to trade, and just enjoy the show.

Thanks for the help

CNY Militaria

All solid points. The most important thing is to just have fun and take things as they come. Cash is king like others said, and if you see something you like, just buy it. The SOS is not like other smaller shows where the item you left behind will still be there to go back and tire kick. I always hear people in the mornings use the "Well the show just started so let me see what else is out there and I'll come back to your table later," only to come back and be disappointed that the item/group they liked already sold.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

If anyone is attending SOS who may be able to act as a set of eyes for me and seek out any USMC chevrons, please PM me!

What are the chances of coming across any aero squadron pins from WW1 or "odd" maker wings from WW1?

I think you may be over thinking the show.

It's your first time, go, have a great experience, and enjoy yourself.

Just about done packing for the show and thought I'd mention a few things before I forget:

Lots of smalls as usual plus:

Home Front items

25-35 Uniforms ARC,WAC,ANC,WAVES plus accessories like hats, gloves, stockings, shoes, boots, musette bag all from our own collection.

CCC Hats and Wool Jacket

WWI Airplane Tool Chest

Barber Box with some contents

WWII Outboard Motor boat parts box

Leather scabbards for different rifles

EARLY heavy ammo or equipment chest

Civil Defense Siren

WWI Megaphone

Helmets

Many original GI and WAC/ANC Sunglasses

90% never been out before....

Tables are in front of the BIG BACK DOOR on RIGHT.

Looking forward to see our friends this year!

Persian Gulf Command

I also could use someone who would be willing to locate the few Tank Battalion Woolies and Airborne Ovals I am hoping will come my way. Please PM me if you would be willing.

Thanks in advance! - John

Long range forecast is looking respectable.....knock on wood......highs in the 50s and lows in the 40s...not bad, relatively speaking!

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Louisville+KY?canonicalCityId=dbc1706f8b111ffb1a22e14ac2e5464c06319ad85c9ebcb51d6921e6e5aef002

Saturday and Sunday are looking good.

2014 the temps were in the single digit range going through O'Hare. Now I go through Dallas.

tdogchristy90

Im finally prepared for my first show.

Out of curiosity, what are the chances of finding Missouri Medals associated with the Pacific Theater? Or should I tweak what Im looking for?

I will be there Wed. for the pack in until Sun AM. I'm thinning my collection a bit and will have some nice stuff to sell. A partial list:

- Named and fully researched WWII 505th PIR D-Day officer jacket and cap

- Named 101st 501st/502nd Ike group; jacket, photos and other items to include a unit-signed invasion flag arm band

- Named and fully researched late war/early Sendai occupation 11th Airborne complete uniform group, to include a very cool named/engraved theater made belt buckle.

- Very large uniform/trunk group to an officer that served in the 9th ID during WWII and KMAG during the Korean war. He served with the 9th from N. Africa to VE day and was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Legion of Merit. He was also awarded the Soldier's medal in the post war occupation era. His dress blues with sewn ribbons, award documents, GOs, photos and a ton of other extra insignia and goodies to include some German bring back items. Very cool group.

- WWII Navy Corpsman Silver Star Group

- Named, researched and rare WWII night fighter pilot A2 jacket; 425th NFS in the ETO. Sewn name tag, bars and squadron insignia. Great condition.

- WWII KIA engraved Silver Star bomber pilot SSM, AM and PH group.

If you see something of interest let me know. I would love to see these items go to forum members! Delivery at the show in exchange for cash would be preferred since it is all packed up for the trip.