The Show of Shows, 2020...Louisville, KY

MAW

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet..(?)....but the date is approaching!

February 19-23, 2020.

http://www.sosovms.com/Show_of_Shows/

I'll be bringing some excellent quality stuff from my collection, as well as the usual array of WW1 and WW2 goodies.

2,000 tables of quality militaria.

Always an incredible experience.

tdogchristy90

I'd like to go, this would be my first. Still trying to work out the logistics. As it'd be my first, I may have questions on the best way to enjoy it.

BigDogMilitaria

Cant wait ! Ive been working on preparations for a few weeks now . Will be bringing some great US Groupings Ive never shared before, Purple Hearts, patches , some great US field gear and who knows what else Ill find in the next month .

Will also have a substantial collection of Russian Medals from WWII and beyond and other Comm block stuff . Should be a great time as always !

That photo of my son and I just will not go away... My God, I look like I am in my third trimester. Of course that photo of you guys with the Bronze Fonz is a thing of beauty!

Sadly, I will be out of the country until March so, this will be the first year we are missing in over a decade. :(

Bug

Thats funny.

No show for me this year.

Itys my baby girls 1st birthday party when the show is on.

Lets just say I am under orders not to miss that.

owen

PacificGunner

Cant wait ! Ive been working on preparations for a few weeks now . Will be bringing some great US Groupings Ive never shared before, Purple Hearts, patches , some great US field gear and who knows what else Ill find in the next month .

Will also have a substantial collection of Russian Medals from WWII and beyond and other Comm block stuff . Should be a great time as always !

I'll be there looking for WWII US uniform groupings, can't wait to see what's at the show this year!

I'll see you there as usual Mike !

Still looking for POW , AAF, and Naval Aviation groups plus anything else that looks interesting.

Kurt

vintageproductions

Don't you mean you have been working getting boxes ready for Bob?

I'll have 9 tables of worldwide orders, decorations and medals, everything except Third Reich.

Always looking for foreign awards to Americans and American awards to foreigners (Eagle Squadrons, Americans in the Royal Navy, etc) -- I never said it was going to be easy!

Stop by and visit.

Jeff Floyd

FloydMedals.com

tdogchristy90

Any suggestions for a first timer? (I have the money/time to go this year if plans work out).

How do you sort through that many tables, enjoy it, and hopefully find something feeling like it was worth the trip?

Thanks

Any suggestions for a first timer? (I have the money/time to go this year if plans work out).

How do you sort through that many tables, enjoy it, and hopefully find something feeling like it was worth the trip?

Thanks

Focus, it's easy to get distracted, don't walk past anything you want, chances are it wont be there on your second lap.

CNY Militaria

I'll be set up there selling some really nice US Uniform/Medal Groups, a collection of US Navy Police Badges, General Officer uniforms & groups, lots of US Dog Tags etc. I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Focus, it's easy to get distracted, don't walk past anything you want, chances are it wont be there on your second lap.

Yep, happened to me before.

I'll be set up there selling some really nice US Uniform/Medal Groups, a collection of US Navy Police Badges, General Officer uniforms & groups, lots of US Dog Tags etc. I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Any WWII USMC medals and/or groups?

Have 6 tables reserved and have only patches to offer. But if you are looking to fill holes in your collection that you haven't be able to fill, this is a good place to look. The show is huge, so if you see a rare item that you have been looking forever to find you have to pull the trigger, leave to hope to find it at another table could be a big mistake. If you know the dealer they maybe willing to hold the item for you while you look around; and what I have found that on return, they see other items they did not see at first glance which was very common at my tables because and due to amount available. The patch dealers that I know are very helpful and actually will refer to each other . We are not competitors but enablers to our customers to get what they want.

Thanks

1. Wear shoes built for walking on hard surfaces.

2. Carry a pocket notebook to note the locations of places you want to revisit.

3. Buy it when you see it!

Great suggestions Jeff. I'd add to bring a back pack / bag to carry purchased items in to include small plastic bag (s) for smaller items. I bring bags for items I sell but quickly run out. Also recommend a water bottle.