Japanese American Internment Camp yearbook find at flea market

Tonomachi

I found this 1944-1945 dated Poston Relocation Camp El Chaparral yearbook at the flea market yesterday. It never donned on me that those Japanese Americans interned during the war had children that continued their public education while confined to these camps and published yearbooks. This is the third and final edition of this yearbook which was dedicated to the men and women of our armed forces to include the Japanese American 442nd Regimental Combat Team many of whom volunteered for service while their relatives were interned in these camps.

post-1389-0-05461200-1578952034.jpg

post-1389-0-87201200-1578952056.jpg

Outstanding find!! As said above, I don't imagine there are many of those around. I've never seen one.

Thanks for showing.

Steve

Outstanding find. Just goes to show you gotta dig through all kinds of things and you never know what you might find if the picking gods are favoring your day.

Amazing find, I knew they had their own schools but not that they published yearbooks too. That is a great piece of genealogical importance, as well as the obvious historical importance too.

Are there any pictures or information about chaplains or religious services?

Thank you for posting this.

This is all I could find.

post-1389-0-44455700-1579483806_thumb.jpg