Warning ..Embellished/faked chaplain helmet grouping

sgtdorango

Its a shame whomever is responsible, hurts the entire collecting community when stuff like this goes down.

Couldn't agree more, just a shame.

No good

Before anyone jumps to conclusion is it the same guy from here who is selling this group enhanced ? Or did he sell it to another dealer ?

Same guy...his name is craig and goes by usoverlord here on the forum

not worth a crap any more. a good lid destroyed.

I would disagree that the helmet is not worth a crap and destroyed. The helmet can be cleaned of the fraudulent name And we do know the name that was in the helmet, so all is not lost.

Marty

Its a shame what was a perfectly good named helmet was tarnished like this. I wonder if we'll be hearing from member usoverlord for his explanation. I also hope sgtdorango gets his helmets back that he traded.

As an update, i did get a few of my helmets back but took one as a loss and unfortunately i had to give him back the chaplain grouping so who knows whats going to happen with that but it was out of my control.....mike

As an update, i did get a few of my helmets back but took one as a loss and unfortunately i had to give him back the chaplain grouping so who knows whats going to happen with that but it was out of my control.....mike

Did you not get everything back that you traded ???

vintageproductions

Wow, that is ballsy.

Try to sell the group here.

Buy the helmet here.

Then try to sell the "group" to a member here.....

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Wow, that is ballsy.

Try to sell the group here.

Buy the helmet here.

Then try to sell the "group" to a member here.....

How many people have got caught doing that exact thing on this forum alone?

I would disagree that the helmet is not worth a crap and destroyed. The helmet can be cleaned of the fraudulent name And we do know the name that was in the helmet, so all is not lost.

Marty

I'd have to agree, there is photographic evidence of what it was previously and what was added is easily removed. However, it will now be worth much less for resale simply because it was called into question and the original name is gone.

What is yet even sadder is that I used this helmet for several years as my online Christmas greeting. :(

FB_IMG_1576744147215.jpg

I'm curious to know if he really thought he'd get away with this. Considering the helmet and group were sold separately on here, and he then put this together and then proceeded to sell it as one ID'd group here.

I agree its ballsy, but also very arrogant and disgusting. Good riddance.

I will also say it makes reading through some of his earlier threads and posts mildly humorous and ironic.

Craig Thomas, aka: usoverlord has sold quite a bit on this forum in the past. If you have purchased any named items or groupings from him, I suggest you investigate exactly what you have.

Here is a link to his ban announcement: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/337289-user-ban-usoverlord/&do=findComment&comment=2710798

To me this is the worst kind of deception. Taking legitimate items,(ie: legitimate paper grouping and legitimate helmet), embellish an item or two and marry them together in order to make a more valuable grouping. Sadly both legitimate items are now scarred.

Dirtbag.

Do we know his eBay name? I looked for USOVERLORD as a seller ID, but couldn't find it. I would like to add his name to my list of dealers not to trust.

mccauslandpara1944

It's sickening that someone would go to this extent to make a buck. USOVERLORD clearly has no respect for historical artifacts. Good work to those who discovered his fraudulent activity.