Warning ..Embellished/faked chaplain helmet grouping

sgtdorango

Just a heads up for the helmet collecting community, i received in a trade a chaplain helmet grouping from forum member usoverlord, it turns out a chaplains name was added to a legit chaplain helmet and it was joined with the falsely embellished helmet with a chaplain grouping of a vietnam era us navy chaplain that stationed with the usmc and he was wounded at Khe San and it also grew story that he got the grouping straight from the family....very disrespectful , dishonest and dangerous form of faking adding a name to a legit helmet...i thought the helmet looked familiar and noticed that Bugme (scott) had owned the helmet prior to usoverlord (craig) when i asked bugme if he had any other information on the chaplain Walter L. Driscoll he said the name didnt ring a bell and when he checked his records and old photos it showed the helmet was named to a different man, i have scotts before photos and photos now of the faked name in the helmet, there is no doubt what has been falsely done and scott has records of him selling the helmet to usoverlord here on the forum, i am trying to recoup the helmets i traded to usoverlord for the messed with chaplain grouping, just thought the helmet collecting community should know about this unscrupulous grouping....mike

So what happened is, a chaplains helmet with a name in it, had the name removed and replaced with walter driscoll ? And Uss MIDWAY was also added to the lid, and the helmet was attached to walter driscolls grouping? Trying to understand what happened? Is that it?

Mike do you have pictures of the helmet when Scott owned said helmet? Who was the chaplain that the helmet belonged to before name was add. Have you talked with Usoverlord about this and if so what was his response?

Marty

These are the photos that I provided to usoverlord when I sold the helmet last year. It was just a helmet and liner. I had tried some light research on the name inside it and came up empty. I sold it to Craig for what it was, a legit helmet with research possibilities. Apparently, that name was removed and a new name added.

20190225_142958_1577364796713.jpeg

20190225_143405_1577364797032.jpg

20190225_144920_1577364514606.jpeg

20190225_143337_1577364797176.jpeg

Definitely not a mistake and yes fraudulent, i will post up afew more pics soon, just got home from going into boston, i did talk with usoverlord about it this morning and he was basically "playing dumb" about it......mike

Despicable behaviour! I guess usoverlord has learned the hard way, you don’t screw with USMF helmet collectors! It’s a small and well connected community. Shame on him!

Yes a shame for sure, oh and the liner was switched and i suspect also a chaplain cross insignia scratched on the front, totally different liner than when bugme had it......mike

Sorry to hear this Mike,

So would this offense merit banning? I don't see how it can't go without some form of punishment..

Leigh

airborneguy44

Are we going to approach this the same way we approached Dom (Screamingeagles101st), where hell have a chance to explain himself? Or will it be an immediate ban?