Australian made Glider pilot wings?

Phantomf4

I dont know much about these, they look US to me?

Thats a cool emroidered RAAF handkerchief.

The experts in the wing section need to help on these wings.

Hey aren't instructor wings and a few others gold colored? The color has me wondering if these could be a glider instructor wing?

Somewhere, I have a Balloon Pilot wing that is made exactly like this- embroidered in golden yellow thread and with the cheesecloth stabilizer on the back. To me, this looks like US manufacture with the full-machine embroidery, but who knows?

Thanks for sharing them.

Allan

With the "G" enclosed in a circle instead of a shield, I wonder if these were produced before the actual pattern was approved? The gold color would fall in line with the early surgeon's wings until they were changed. This is a pair of Glider wings that I have in the same pattern made by the Officers Equipment Company.

post-203-0-15106400-1578933413_thumb.jpg

Somewhere, I have a Balloon Pilot wing that is made exactly like this- embroidered in golden yellow thread and with the cheesecloth stabilizer on the back. To me, this looks like US manufacture with the full-machine embroidery, but who knows?

Thanks for sharing them.

Allan

This is in the 1944 National Geographic. Observer wings with a balloon did exist and approved Nov. 10th 1941, so im sure they had embroidered wings also. see my next post

post-153748-0-49121000-1578957063.jpg

On Bob's ww2wings.com site there are cloth wings for WWII British Army Glider 2nd Pilots that are similar to this wing. There are 4 shown with all of them having gold center circles and G's.

On Bob's ww2wings.com site there are cloth wings for WWII British Army Glider 2nd Pilots that are similar to this wing. There are 4 shown with all of them having gold center circles and G's.

Yeah i saw that, i'm pretty sure these are US because of the wing pattern itself. thanks for the info!!!