Lime Green Painted Kelly Helmet

amberg1853

Any idea why this helmet was painted this shade of green? Just trying to figure out if there is any military significance to this shade or someone's garage repaint. Looks to have been done a long time ago, at some point someone tried to match the paint color to fill in a ding. Thanks in advance for your help.

post-66501-0-70325900-1578627079_thumb.jpg

Great info, appreciate the help. Too bad there was not a name or anything else to go by. May not be of much relevance but the collector I got it from said it came from a WW2 Marine.

Looks very similar to the old pea green color of the US Navy interior shipboard paint.

Chris

..or Mean Green, Formula 150 primer..

https://www.facebook.com/RenewHistory/photos/a.347262329339726/476996333032991/?type=3

Fb link with the kellys. And my mistake. The darker shade has the USMC dark green brown. But the pea was readily avail to both services. As army logistics took over from marine service battalions they had to work together and transition. Commo, Peleliue is a great example of that from 1mardiv to 81st inf div.

Peg6

Wow, one hell of a helmet collection! Thanks for the info, interesting the collector I got it from said it came from a Marine. Sad thing is he might have had some uniform items from the guy but he mixed up everything he had acquired. Absolutely no organization to his collection.