WW2 Fixed bail M1 Helmet

Heptonic48

Hello everyone,

I've had this helmet for while, but haven't posted here until now. This is my first WW2 M1 helmet that I bought a few years ago. It's a front seam M1 helmet with fixed bales and has an Inland liner. The whole thing looks like it's been together since birth. It has initials H.G.C on the outside and it has the name H.G.CHASE on the inside. I don't know anything about person who wore it unfortunately and had no luck looking up the name, but the seller said he bought it at an air show in Kentucky.

post-175278-0-84395700-1578622070_thumb.jpeg

post-175278-0-01262900-1578622087_thumb.jpeg

Nice looking helmet. Nice early mid-war liner with the unpainted washers great clean piece

With the initials on the outside of the shell in black maybe it is a USN or USMC helmet.

Nice looking helmet. Nice early mid-war liner with the unpainted washers great clean piece

With the initials on the outside of the shell in black maybe it is a USN or USMC helmet.

Thanks! Based on the initials I thought the same, but without knowing the provenience I don't know for sure. I was going to post more pictures, but it appears some of the files are too large to post.