Vietnam "Been There" boots

GITom1944

These jungle boots belong to my friend Wayne Ferguson. These were his third and final pair of boots from his time in Vietnam with India Company, 3rd Bn, 4th Marines. Wayne was there from November '67 to January '69. Here is the guy that filled the boots talking about his experiences.

post-2064-0-23494400-1578414759_thumb.jpg

Tom

24th_infantry

That's a great interview you conducted with Mr. Ferguson. It's important to keep these memories alive for the future, especially those from Vietnam because that conflict is rarely covered in public schools (as I taught Social Studies in middle and high schools in CT). We need to preserve the memories of our veterans and those who served in Vietnam are now entering their 70s. It's amazing hearing the interview and then seeing those boots which were there through the action. Thanks for sharing!

That's a great interview you conducted with Mr. Ferguson.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Just to be clear, though, the interview was conducted by someone from CCSU's Veteran's History Project. I agree, though that Wayne's story and those of other vets should be preserved and shared. The boots are about the only artifacts Wayne still has from those days.

Tom