Philippine Insurrection medal number help

Im looking for for info on this metal I have. Stamped no 23357 if anyone can tell me who this was issued to I would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance dave

Not "Metal" - Medal No. 23357 is not available on the rolls - there is a gap between No. 23251 to No. 23500

Bill

Sorry for the spelling mistake. Thanks for the info. I Have a grouping of medals that belong to a captain Marshall Scudder. This medal is one part of that grouping. 2 of others are engraved to him. I just wanted to check the number to see if this was definitely his. With no positive Id on this I have to assume that this could be his.

• 2 weeks later...

If that was the one from the Cowan auction its very likely Capt. Marshall Scudders as the group did contain several engraved veterans badges of his along with the Spanish War Service. The fact that it is an 'No.' and happened to be in the missing swath of numbers shouldn't disuade you as long as the group stays together. He was the Captain of Co. E, 1st Washington (State) Volunteer Infantry and served in the early Philippine war with the regiment. He along with the company are in photographs from the state version of Campaigning In The Phillipines.

Another good indicator that this unattributed No. medal was his would be to review the entire No. list of recipients and not see another medal # issued to him.

Well that first upload - my first - didn't go so OK as I couldn't remove the oversize file before edit time expired. But there you go. Its from Campaigning In The Phillipines. The photo is from their souvenir roster and reception upon return to Seattle. The 8th corps badge he is wearing in the photo may well be the one that was engraved and in the group.

Yes, I decided to sell this. My collection is getting to big and I’m getting to old. My wife tells me she is going to give my collection away when I die so I’ have decided to sell off a good portion of it. My purchases have also gone down to near o. It’s going to take me years to sell what I have. I have passed on the information here to the new owner who is ecstatic with the purchase. I’m glade this is going back to Washington that is where it belongs.