The Old North State Militaria Show in Raleigh

SKIPH

Hey Skip, I went. Good show as usual. Picked up a few patches. Odds and ends. Chatted with Robert. Lots of Militaria to look at and buy. Always a good time. David

I was set up with Dan the Krag Man. Lots of edged weapons, enough to satisfy everyone if you've got the cash. Saw a very nice USMC stiletto not cracked and with the original sheath. The seller said it wasn't expensive, less than $2,000. I kept looking and picked up a M1896 New Army and Navy revolver with belt and holster. Sold a couple of knives and a lot of other small things, to include a Rico Penguin Pop-figure (it is a military show and the penguins in "Madagascar" are modeled on "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen as well as "Sahara" with Humphrey Bogart). Good crowd up till about 2:30, not much action after 3:30. The Flea Market outside was sparse, but a couple of folks selling militaria.

Sunday will be light, people will be packing up around 2-2:30. Several of the sellers are trying to get rid of as much as they can, so careful shopping might bring up some bargains.