I’m speechless...

1canpara

I am without speech...no words...I’ll let the description speak for itself :blink: There are no bids yet...act fast, it can be yours for only $199! ;)

“WW2 US Army M1 USN Helmet Camo Rear Seam Swivel bail Chaplain.

From a Naval rear admiral on a Seabee submarine ww2....Rare”

post-9167-0-14587000-1578124568.jpeg

post-9167-0-66540300-1578124580.jpeg

post-9167-0-19067400-1578124591.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-US-Army-M1-USN-Helmet-Camo-Rear-Seam-Swivel-bail-Chaplain/303431043171?hash=item46a5e64863:g:xhkAAOSwebheD82C

Just when you think you've seen it all.....maybe some one can tell me if this one has been faked ? :blink::lol:

A thought just occured. With everyone dressed alike has anyone seen the chaplin ?

Why would the Admiral have it?

Bob(Chap15)and I have been discussing Regulation Chaplains insignias on helmets over the last month. Such as the cross plus rank on the front or just the cross or Vice versa. THIS configuration would be over the top. Theres Photographic evidence of said previously mentioned configurations but until someone produces a picture of this set up this was a gag.

So someone gave this as a gag gift to the admiral?

But it still comes from a chaplain and was part of a cool group.

It’s not some novelty piece out of nowhere.

It legitimately belonged to an admiral chaplain and that’s a fact.

Its not some novelty piece out of nowhere.

It legitimately belonged to an admiral chaplain and thats a fact.

I will concede the point that he owned it but I doubt he wore the helmet. Was it giving at retirement, possible.

It may be a very unrealistic joke gift but it likely was made for the padre just as this gag gift was created for a Marine Corps Gunner W-5 upon his retirement. This is a fire-damaged liner dug up at Edson Range. The back was painted with the Gunner's name and a Platoon Number similar to what would have been on helmet liners worn by recruits.

post-2-0-40795100-1566083990.jpg

It’s not some novelty piece out of nowhere.

It legitimately belonged to an admiral chaplain and that’s a fact.

well if it did, it did. No arguments if it came from a legit grouping, but being sold on its own with that description you can understand why I thought it was so funny and clearly not a serious Chaplains helmet. Especially with the “Seabee submarine” comment ??

Quite possibly it was made as a decorative item... something symbolic that was kept in his office to symbolize his position and responsibilities.

If someone here ends up with the helmet, I can share some photos of items from the estate. I was at the estate sale and acquired the Navy hat, Australian hat with sub badge, Chaplain's shoulder boards, knife and several Sea Bee unit books. In the books were some photos and newspaper clippings. One of the unit books was presented to the Admiral at a post-war reunion. The helmet was most likely presented to him as a gag gift. The photo that Manayunkman posted shows several of these items.

he probably wore it in the combat zone out in the field, no church , not something you normally see, but I think it could be legit

Nothing could be further from the truth