So the price of EGA's gotcha down

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

The economy is sure not having an effect on EGA values....

A service cover "fire bronze" gooney - a 1926 pattern, real beauty: $1700.00 and change

IHATBADGEBRONZE_JPG.jpg

A Dress cover BB&B hallmarked 1926 pattern - extremely hard to find for the type / hallmark collector: $890.00 and change

IHAT_BADGE_JPG.jpg

Set of collar emblems of early 20's - pinback - and Hallmarked "fire bronze" & N.S. Meyer too: $426.00 and change

ICOLLORR_JPG.jpg ICOLLORL_JPG.jpg

s/f Darrell

Darrell: If that early 20s pinback is the same ones that sold as singletons one after the other, the reply I got back from the seller indicated one of the wings had been "repaired."

The economy is sure not having an effect on EGA values....

A service cover "fire bronze" gooney - a 1926 pattern, real beauty: $1700.00 and change

post-376-1231267384.jpg

A Dress cover BB&B hallmarked 1926 pattern - extremely hard to find for the type / hallmark collector: $890.00 and change

post-376-1231267524.jpg

Set of collar emblems of early 20's - pinback - and Hallmarked "fire bronze" & N.S. Meyer too: $426.00 and change

post-376-1231267700.jpg post-376-1231267734.jpg

s/f Darrell

And I've been accused of spending too much money on helmets! :lol: Seriously, I don't collect EGA's but, do appreciate the wide diversity of variants and the great research I see on some of these. Truly, these are those once in a lifetime finds for the serious collector.

To all you EGA collectors, thanks for posting these for the rest of us to enjoy!

teufelhunde.ret
Darrell: If that early 20s pinback is the same ones that sold as singletons one after the other, the reply I got back from the seller indicated one of the wings had been "repaired."

Hi Bill - the rear of those collars are shown here. I used my photo-editing software to get a better view. The repairs are indeed known as "period" work. Keep in mind, many of these Officers would serve a career with their commissioning sets (as evidenced in so many of Bobgee's groupings) also these were the depression years and folks were much more focused on repairing such things vice today's throw-away-society. Thus, as such the repair work does not have an effect upon their intrinsic value nor desirability. The early 20's era officer's pinback have an extraordinary demand, both by EGA collector and those who are restoring period tunic's. I get a PM almost every month from someone here - "have I seen any pinbacks for sale recently"... Aside from that - the "fire bronze" hallmark and limited population numbers after WW1... the number of Officers were below 1,000 for the next three decades. So, by any measurement, these gems are real keepers ;) s/f Darrell

ICOLLORRB_JPG.jpg ICOLLORLB_JPG.jpg

Fire Bronze will always bring some good cash, I think, regardless of tradition. People seem to go into feeding frenzies over those