SOS Question for the Ladies

CombatEng44

My wife and I have collected womens WWII items way before collectors realized how cool their "stuff" really is. We have been selling a lot for the past few years at the Show of Shows. I really don't want to die with all this...well, maybe some of it!

My question: We have several tables this year and wonder if there is an interest in our civilian womens clothing or is it a waste of time and space? We don't want to come back with it so everything would be reasonable. Most is appropriate for USO events.

Always appreciate your opinion. Of course, we will have lots of womens uniforms and some special treats we are giving up.

• 2 weeks later...

Great! Thanks.

I just pulled out 17 1940's dresses and suits from $14 to $25. My wife will have tons of home front items from her collection plus WAC, ANC, USMCWR, ARC, etc as usual.

Long live the SOS!

vintageproductions

There are a lot of vintage clothing buyers at the show but they are all hunting men's pieces.

But who knows maybe non-vintage buyers will like the pieces for period dances or something similar.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I am late to the game on this one, but there are a LOT of swing dance groups/clubs that always try and wear as authentic as possible clothing. I know its rough with covid now, but when things free up I bet if you looked around/google swing dances you could find buyers. I have plenty on hand- otherwise I would say send me a list!

Its also tough given 40s vs 2020 um..."figures" some women I know have a tough time finding/understanding the sizes we need 

Yep! That’s one reason I hate to sell except in person. Let them decide if the outfit will fit. Sold all at the last show and will probably bring more in February.

Its also tough given 40s vs 2020 um..."figures" some women I know have a tough time finding/understanding the sizes we need 

I shop my wife’s vintage needs and ran into that unappreciated surprise on the first purchase. Luckily that uniform is still one of the nicest in my collection and glad I bought it.

For any interested observers that have never tried purchasing 1940s vintage for yourself or others, my starting point is to add 10 or 12 to whatever the 1940s size is to convert to current US vanity sizing. My wife is a vintage 16, which seems to be the largest that is available with any regularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk